Blog: There IS such a thing as a free lunch...
Olly Wehring | 31 August 2007
As a journalist, I'm always on high alert when companies give me freebies, offer to take me somewhere exotic, or invite me to out-of-hours 'fun' events.
What's in it for them, I always ask myself cynically... as I get ready to go out/open the bottle.
However, my stone heart was melted somewhat earlier today, when a courier delivered a bottle of Talisker from Diageo.
"Dear Olly," the note read. "Happy Birthday!"
Warm thanks to Isabelle Thomas and the Diageo press crew. As for the rest of you, do feel free to diarise 1 September as a very special day in the Wehring household.
I'll toast you all tomorrow.
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- PepsiCo appoints W Europe, S Africa Tropicana GM