Blog: There IS such a thing as a free lunch...
Olly Wehring | 31 August 2007
As a journalist, I'm always on high alert when companies give me freebies, offer to take me somewhere exotic, or invite me to out-of-hours 'fun' events.
What's in it for them, I always ask myself cynically... as I get ready to go out/open the bottle.
However, my stone heart was melted somewhat earlier today, when a courier delivered a bottle of Talisker from Diageo.
"Dear Olly," the note read. "Happy Birthday!"
Warm thanks to Isabelle Thomas and the Diageo press crew. As for the rest of you, do feel free to diarise 1 September as a very special day in the Wehring household.
I'll toast you all tomorrow.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US