Blog: There IS such a thing as a free lunch...
Olly Wehring | 31 August 2007
As a journalist, I'm always on high alert when companies give me freebies, offer to take me somewhere exotic, or invite me to out-of-hours 'fun' events.
What's in it for them, I always ask myself cynically... as I get ready to go out/open the bottle.
However, my stone heart was melted somewhat earlier today, when a courier delivered a bottle of Talisker from Diageo.
"Dear Olly," the note read. "Happy Birthday!"
Warm thanks to Isabelle Thomas and the Diageo press crew. As for the rest of you, do feel free to diarise 1 September as a very special day in the Wehring household.
I'll toast you all tomorrow.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research