Blog: There IS such a thing as a free lunch...
Olly Wehring | 31 August 2007
As a journalist, I'm always on high alert when companies give me freebies, offer to take me somewhere exotic, or invite me to out-of-hours 'fun' events.
What's in it for them, I always ask myself cynically... as I get ready to go out/open the bottle.
However, my stone heart was melted somewhat earlier today, when a courier delivered a bottle of Talisker from Diageo.
"Dear Olly," the note read. "Happy Birthday!"
Warm thanks to Isabelle Thomas and the Diageo press crew. As for the rest of you, do feel free to diarise 1 September as a very special day in the Wehring household.
I'll toast you all tomorrow.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future