Blog: There IS such a thing as a free lunch...
Olly Wehring | 31 August 2007
As a journalist, I'm always on high alert when companies give me freebies, offer to take me somewhere exotic, or invite me to out-of-hours 'fun' events.
What's in it for them, I always ask myself cynically... as I get ready to go out/open the bottle.
However, my stone heart was melted somewhat earlier today, when a courier delivered a bottle of Talisker from Diageo.
"Dear Olly," the note read. "Happy Birthday!"
Warm thanks to Isabelle Thomas and the Diageo press crew. As for the rest of you, do feel free to diarise 1 September as a very special day in the Wehring household.
I'll toast you all tomorrow.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets