Blog: There go Crazy and Lazy - heads of the Anheuser-Busch empire
Chris Mercer | 5 November 2010
A new book on InBev's US$52bn takeover of Anheuser-Busch paints the Budweiser brewer's family leadership in an interesting light.
According to author Julie Macintosh, August Busch III and IV were known around Anheuser-Busch headquarters as "crazy and lazy" - respectively.
The book details the inner workings of Anheuser-Busch and how it came to pass that one of the best-known American companies fell into InBev's hands in 2008.
One employee reportedly said of the August III and IV father-son relationship: "They didn't communicate much, unless you call communicating on a daily basis getting your ass chewed."
Macintosh's book, Dethroning the King, looks like a lively read.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research