Blog: There go Crazy and Lazy - heads of the Anheuser-Busch empire
Chris Mercer | 5 November 2010
A new book on InBev's US$52bn takeover of Anheuser-Busch paints the Budweiser brewer's family leadership in an interesting light.
According to author Julie Macintosh, August Busch III and IV were known around Anheuser-Busch headquarters as "crazy and lazy" - respectively.
The book details the inner workings of Anheuser-Busch and how it came to pass that one of the best-known American companies fell into InBev's hands in 2008.
One employee reportedly said of the August III and IV father-son relationship: "They didn't communicate much, unless you call communicating on a daily basis getting your ass chewed."
Macintosh's book, Dethroning the King, looks like a lively read.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends