Blog: There go Crazy and Lazy - heads of the Anheuser-Busch empire
Chris Mercer | 5 November 2010
A new book on InBev's US$52bn takeover of Anheuser-Busch paints the Budweiser brewer's family leadership in an interesting light.
According to author Julie Macintosh, August Busch III and IV were known around Anheuser-Busch headquarters as "crazy and lazy" - respectively.
The book details the inner workings of Anheuser-Busch and how it came to pass that one of the best-known American companies fell into InBev's hands in 2008.
One employee reportedly said of the August III and IV father-son relationship: "They didn't communicate much, unless you call communicating on a daily basis getting your ass chewed."
Macintosh's book, Dethroning the King, looks like a lively read.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research