Blog: There go Crazy and Lazy - heads of the Anheuser-Busch empire
Chris Mercer | 5 November 2010
A new book on InBev's US$52bn takeover of Anheuser-Busch paints the Budweiser brewer's family leadership in an interesting light.
According to author Julie Macintosh, August Busch III and IV were known around Anheuser-Busch headquarters as "crazy and lazy" - respectively.
The book details the inner workings of Anheuser-Busch and how it came to pass that one of the best-known American companies fell into InBev's hands in 2008.
One employee reportedly said of the August III and IV father-son relationship: "They didn't communicate much, unless you call communicating on a daily basis getting your ass chewed."
Macintosh's book, Dethroning the King, looks like a lively read.
It's yet another sign that the legal marijuana business is moving closer to the alcohol industry in the US....
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review