Blog: The World Cup - something for the lady?
Olly Wehring | 12 May 2006
As any drinks company trying to sell its products to men will know, the football (alright Americans, soccer) World Cup is just around the corner.
But wait - surely by going football crazy, some of you are neglecting half of your target market? Well, Maxxium UK believes it has that base covered as well.
The company has unveiled a range of Footballer’s Wives cocktails, created by its mixologist Wayne Collins. The cocktails are presumably designed to help the female population not feel neglected during the tournament.
Victoria Beckham - wife of England captain David - is ‘celebrated’ as it were, with Victoria’s Golden Bols, a mix of Bols melon liqueur, vodka and orange juice.
Cheryl Tweedy - fiancee of England’s Ashley Cole and member of pop group Girls Aloud - gets Tweedy’s Tipple: Swirls Aloud, a mix of Bols Crème de Cacao white liqueur, Bols Grenadine syrup, Silver tequila, cream and milk.
Finally, Colleen McLoughlin - girlfriend of England’s saviour (who goes into the tournament injured), Wayne Rooney - has Colleen’s Fruity Couture - Crème de Cacao white liqueur and Galliano mixed with milk and cream.
I’ll wager that all of these cocktails have ice that, like most English football fans’ hopes come July, is crushed...
I thank you.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits