Blog: The World Cup - something for the lady?
Olly Wehring | 12 May 2006
As any drinks company trying to sell its products to men will know, the football (alright Americans, soccer) World Cup is just around the corner.
But wait - surely by going football crazy, some of you are neglecting half of your target market? Well, Maxxium UK believes it has that base covered as well.
The company has unveiled a range of Footballer’s Wives cocktails, created by its mixologist Wayne Collins. The cocktails are presumably designed to help the female population not feel neglected during the tournament.
Victoria Beckham - wife of England captain David - is ‘celebrated’ as it were, with Victoria’s Golden Bols, a mix of Bols melon liqueur, vodka and orange juice.
Cheryl Tweedy - fiancee of England’s Ashley Cole and member of pop group Girls Aloud - gets Tweedy’s Tipple: Swirls Aloud, a mix of Bols Crème de Cacao white liqueur, Bols Grenadine syrup, Silver tequila, cream and milk.
Finally, Colleen McLoughlin - girlfriend of England’s saviour (who goes into the tournament injured), Wayne Rooney - has Colleen’s Fruity Couture - Crème de Cacao white liqueur and Galliano mixed with milk and cream.
I’ll wager that all of these cocktails have ice that, like most English football fans’ hopes come July, is crushed...
I thank you.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends