Blog: The wisdom of crowds, or, two heads are better than one
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 March 2011
One of the great advantages of working at just-drinks is the community that has built up around the website over the last decade, and the ability to tap into that vast resource of knowledge to add value to what we can offer our collective audience. My tech team here tell me its part of a theory called 'The Wisdom of Crowds'.
To me, it just seems like common sense. You are the experts of your own industries. If we can collect that knowledge, pool it, and then feed it back into the industry, being part of the just-drinks community makes even more sense for all of us.
So, if you have a spare five minutes, it would be great if you could complete our latest survey, which is looking at innovation within the whisk(e)y sector.
Covering issues such as regulation, rival spirits sectors and barriers to innovation, the aim of the survey is to discover what you think about the sector and what the future holds for whisk(e)y within the ever-changing spirits industry.
The results from this survey will be used in my presentation - Challenges of Innovation - at this year's World Whiskies Conference on 12-13 April. The complete analysis will also be available to anyone who fills out the survey.
So if you are interested in what your competitors are thinking on this key topic, then click here to begin the survey.
Thanks for your time.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends