Blog: The wisdom of crowds, or, two heads are better than one
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 March 2011
One of the great advantages of working at just-drinks is the community that has built up around the website over the last decade, and the ability to tap into that vast resource of knowledge to add value to what we can offer our collective audience. My tech team here tell me its part of a theory called 'The Wisdom of Crowds'.
To me, it just seems like common sense. You are the experts of your own industries. If we can collect that knowledge, pool it, and then feed it back into the industry, being part of the just-drinks community makes even more sense for all of us.
So, if you have a spare five minutes, it would be great if you could complete our latest survey, which is looking at innovation within the whisk(e)y sector.
Covering issues such as regulation, rival spirits sectors and barriers to innovation, the aim of the survey is to discover what you think about the sector and what the future holds for whisk(e)y within the ever-changing spirits industry.
The results from this survey will be used in my presentation - Challenges of Innovation - at this year's World Whiskies Conference on 12-13 April. The complete analysis will also be available to anyone who fills out the survey.
So if you are interested in what your competitors are thinking on this key topic, then click here to begin the survey.
Thanks for your time.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends