Blog: The wisdom of crowds, or, two heads are better than one
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 March 2011
One of the great advantages of working at just-drinks is the community that has built up around the website over the last decade, and the ability to tap into that vast resource of knowledge to add value to what we can offer our collective audience. My tech team here tell me its part of a theory called 'The Wisdom of Crowds'.
To me, it just seems like common sense. You are the experts of your own industries. If we can collect that knowledge, pool it, and then feed it back into the industry, being part of the just-drinks community makes even more sense for all of us.
So, if you have a spare five minutes, it would be great if you could complete our latest survey, which is looking at innovation within the whisk(e)y sector.
Covering issues such as regulation, rival spirits sectors and barriers to innovation, the aim of the survey is to discover what you think about the sector and what the future holds for whisk(e)y within the ever-changing spirits industry.
The results from this survey will be used in my presentation - Challenges of Innovation - at this year's World Whiskies Conference on 12-13 April. The complete analysis will also be available to anyone who fills out the survey.
So if you are interested in what your competitors are thinking on this key topic, then click here to begin the survey.
Thanks for your time.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends