Blog: The wisdom of crowds, or, two heads are better than one
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 March 2011
One of the great advantages of working at just-drinks is the community that has built up around the website over the last decade, and the ability to tap into that vast resource of knowledge to add value to what we can offer our collective audience. My tech team here tell me its part of a theory called 'The Wisdom of Crowds'.
To me, it just seems like common sense. You are the experts of your own industries. If we can collect that knowledge, pool it, and then feed it back into the industry, being part of the just-drinks community makes even more sense for all of us.
So, if you have a spare five minutes, it would be great if you could complete our latest survey, which is looking at innovation within the whisk(e)y sector.
Covering issues such as regulation, rival spirits sectors and barriers to innovation, the aim of the survey is to discover what you think about the sector and what the future holds for whisk(e)y within the ever-changing spirits industry.
The results from this survey will be used in my presentation - Challenges of Innovation - at this year's World Whiskies Conference on 12-13 April. The complete analysis will also be available to anyone who fills out the survey.
So if you are interested in what your competitors are thinking on this key topic, then click here to begin the survey.
Thanks for your time.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits