Blog: The US Drinks Conference 2008 - see you there?
Olly Wehring | 30 September 2008
Although I've only been back from South Africa for about 12 hours (did I tell you I've been to South Africa?), I thought I’d give you a quick heads up on an event I’ll be attending next month, in the hope that I might catch up with a few of you there.
just-drinks is a media partner this year at the US Drinks Conference, which will be held on 14 October in London. All eyes in the business world seem to be glued to the US at the moment, and the drinks sector is no exception, with the US still by far and away the most important market to our industry.
There is a strong line up of speakers from across the spectrum, but with consolidation at the distribution level such an issue, it will be particularly interesting to hear how that side of the market is playing out.
If you are attending and fancy catching up, make sure you email your details to email@example.com.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row