Blog: The US Drinks Conference 2008 - see you there?
Olly Wehring | 30 September 2008
Although I've only been back from South Africa for about 12 hours (did I tell you I've been to South Africa?), I thought I’d give you a quick heads up on an event I’ll be attending next month, in the hope that I might catch up with a few of you there.
just-drinks is a media partner this year at the US Drinks Conference, which will be held on 14 October in London. All eyes in the business world seem to be glued to the US at the moment, and the drinks sector is no exception, with the US still by far and away the most important market to our industry.
There is a strong line up of speakers from across the spectrum, but with consolidation at the distribution level such an issue, it will be particularly interesting to hear how that side of the market is playing out.
If you are attending and fancy catching up, make sure you email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends