Blog: The US Drinks Conference 2008 - see you there?
Olly Wehring | 30 September 2008
Although I've only been back from South Africa for about 12 hours (did I tell you I've been to South Africa?), I thought I’d give you a quick heads up on an event I’ll be attending next month, in the hope that I might catch up with a few of you there.
just-drinks is a media partner this year at the US Drinks Conference, which will be held on 14 October in London. All eyes in the business world seem to be glued to the US at the moment, and the drinks sector is no exception, with the US still by far and away the most important market to our industry.
There is a strong line up of speakers from across the spectrum, but with consolidation at the distribution level such an issue, it will be particularly interesting to hear how that side of the market is playing out.
If you are attending and fancy catching up, make sure you email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends