Blog: The US Drinks Conference 2008 - see you there?
Olly Wehring | 30 September 2008
Although I've only been back from South Africa for about 12 hours (did I tell you I've been to South Africa?), I thought I’d give you a quick heads up on an event I’ll be attending next month, in the hope that I might catch up with a few of you there.
just-drinks is a media partner this year at the US Drinks Conference, which will be held on 14 October in London. All eyes in the business world seem to be glued to the US at the moment, and the drinks sector is no exception, with the US still by far and away the most important market to our industry.
There is a strong line up of speakers from across the spectrum, but with consolidation at the distribution level such an issue, it will be particularly interesting to hear how that side of the market is playing out.
If you are attending and fancy catching up, make sure you email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends