Blog: The Spin Bin - October 2010
Olly Wehring | 2 November 2010
In the first of a series of monthly visits to 'Press Release-Land', just-drinks is proud to bring you the best - and worst - of October's spin.
“The meaning of sexy is subjective and very open to interpretation. Our new ads are suggestive, asking consumers to look beneath the surface of the graphics and interpret what Skyy sexy is for themselves.” - Skyy Spirits.
"Unwilling to add just another cherry vodka to the market, Stoli spent years refining and perfecting their recipe to offer a flavor profile that perfectly balances sweet and tart, a spirit with a rich cherry aroma perfumed with aromatic hints of vanilla. On the palate, Stoli Wild Cherri delivers a bright and juicy hit, a full, fleshy cherry taste accented with touches of red plum and a pleasing piquant tartness." - Stolichnaya.
“We’ve been telling beer drinkers to ‘man up’ and order a light beer with great taste. We decided to follow our own advice and ‘man up’ when it comes to Miller Lite’s involvement with soccer." - Miller Coors.
"We would encourage the trade to stock up with Wolf Blass in anticipation of the sales drive this campaign will create." - Wolf Blass.
"The “sneak première” of Absolut Watkins was staged at legendary Villa L’Abri in Cannes during the TFWA World Exhibition at an extravagant party for trade press and VIPs, complete with set designs and extras employed to add an out-of-the-ordinary sense of the timeless glamour of classic luxury travel ... . Absolut Watkins was received with great delight and enthusiasm by the invited audience." - Absolut.
“We are extremely excited about the new global campaign. In Havana, people remain true to themselves and appreciate the simplicity of human interaction in every day life. ‘Nothing Compares to Havana’ sums up this refreshing attitude and by highlighting the informality, passion and generosity of the city, reiterates Havana Club’s authentic Cuban heritage.” - Havana Club International.
"Christmas is a time when you are allowed to relax and step away from all the rush and bustle of normal life, to shut the door and sit by the fire. It does not have to be a continuation of non-stop chores and everyday routines like the rest of the year. For a well-earned moment of calm this Christmas, why not put your feet up and unwind with the perfect Christmas tipple - a warming glass of smooth, full flavoured Three Barrels brandy." - Three Barrels.
"The Guinness team will be able to talk to rugby’s passionate fan-base and remind them that the most memorable times watching rugby are when you are with your friends whether that is at the match, down the pub or at home." Diageo.
“After distillation, Zacapa undergoes an amazing journey from the volcano-shadowed lowlands to the head of a valley 2,300m above sea level where the cooler altitude in its ‘House Above the Clouds’ enables Zacapa to acquire its true and highly-rated aroma, unique qualities and signature taste profile.” - Diageo Korea.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research