Blog: The Spin Bin – November 2010
Olly Wehring | 20 December 2010
After October's launch, I'm horribly late in getting last month's contenders together for our spin bin. Could it be, then, that I've scared some companies off? I really hope not - this is, after all, just a bit of fun.
To the starting line!
"What's more charming than Nicolas Feuillatte's One Fo(u)r to treat your guests this Christmas? As if they were coming back from a stroll in the snow with their amazing winter sport coolers, both are fruity and youthfully sparkling!" - Nicolas Feuillatte.
"In an audacious display of commercial bandwaggonism, Jamie Stephenson, brand ambassador for Drambuie Liqueur has created the 'Engaging Dram' to celebrate the announcement of Prince William's engagement to Miss Katherine Middleton." - Drambuie.
"The new packaging is bolder and more refined, and achieves the fine balance of reflecting the contemporary style of Gosset, yet conserving its 426-year heritage." - Champagne Gosset.
"The new design features a unique curved embossment on the neck and back, which not only looks good, but also adds a pleasing to-the-touch feel, whilst a distinctive embossed mark acts as a stamp of quality and authenticity. Additionally, the new shape makes it look proud while enhancing the premium positioning of the bottle." - Heineken.
"Throughout the ad, we are transported around the globe to a number of diverse scenes from New York to Hong Kong on a journey of vitality and energy. Ordinary daytime scenarios around the world are transformed by the coming of a magical liquid darkness which brings on the night; bursting with vital energy and the promise of enriching experiences ... just like Guinness." - Diageo.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages