Blog: The Spin Bin – November 2010
Olly Wehring | 20 December 2010
After October's launch, I'm horribly late in getting last month's contenders together for our spin bin. Could it be, then, that I've scared some companies off? I really hope not - this is, after all, just a bit of fun.
To the starting line!
"What's more charming than Nicolas Feuillatte's One Fo(u)r to treat your guests this Christmas? As if they were coming back from a stroll in the snow with their amazing winter sport coolers, both are fruity and youthfully sparkling!" - Nicolas Feuillatte.
"In an audacious display of commercial bandwaggonism, Jamie Stephenson, brand ambassador for Drambuie Liqueur has created the 'Engaging Dram' to celebrate the announcement of Prince William's engagement to Miss Katherine Middleton." - Drambuie.
"The new packaging is bolder and more refined, and achieves the fine balance of reflecting the contemporary style of Gosset, yet conserving its 426-year heritage." - Champagne Gosset.
"The new design features a unique curved embossment on the neck and back, which not only looks good, but also adds a pleasing to-the-touch feel, whilst a distinctive embossed mark acts as a stamp of quality and authenticity. Additionally, the new shape makes it look proud while enhancing the premium positioning of the bottle." - Heineken.
"Throughout the ad, we are transported around the globe to a number of diverse scenes from New York to Hong Kong on a journey of vitality and energy. Ordinary daytime scenarios around the world are transformed by the coming of a magical liquid darkness which brings on the night; bursting with vital energy and the promise of enriching experiences ... just like Guinness." - Diageo.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- A Keeper of the Quaich writes - Editor's Viewpoint
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends