Blog: The sorry tale of Evans & Tate
Olly Wehring | 29 August 2007
The sorry demise of Evans & Tate last week looked like the final nail in the Australian company's coffin.
While the troubled situation down under for wine makers is well-documented, the long-running saga of E&T's hunt for help has been the most physical sign of just how tough things are in the country.
Having made the move into voluntary receivership last week, quite what the future holds for E&T is difficult to predict. The receivers themselves are quite confident they can find a buyer, with a spokesperson for McGrath Nichol telling just-drinks that the company will "internationally advertise both in Australia and off-shore, including the west coast of America".
One bright ray of sunshine for E&T came at the end of last week, when McWilliam's Wines confirmed that they will be handling distribution of E&T's branded wines in Australia. Also, with Pendulum Capital, who was part of a consortium whose rescue package for E&T failed last week, saying it is still interested in buying the firm, the future for E&T may still not be as bleak for the company as initially feared.
Quite how the future looks for some of the Australian wine grape growers, who are owed hundreds of thousands of dollars by E&T may be more of a worry, however...
We certainly hope not.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research