Blog: The sorry tale of Evans & Tate
Olly Wehring | 29 August 2007
The sorry demise of Evans & Tate last week looked like the final nail in the Australian company's coffin.
While the troubled situation down under for wine makers is well-documented, the long-running saga of E&T's hunt for help has been the most physical sign of just how tough things are in the country.
Having made the move into voluntary receivership last week, quite what the future holds for E&T is difficult to predict. The receivers themselves are quite confident they can find a buyer, with a spokesperson for McGrath Nichol telling just-drinks that the company will "internationally advertise both in Australia and off-shore, including the west coast of America".
One bright ray of sunshine for E&T came at the end of last week, when McWilliam's Wines confirmed that they will be handling distribution of E&T's branded wines in Australia. Also, with Pendulum Capital, who was part of a consortium whose rescue package for E&T failed last week, saying it is still interested in buying the firm, the future for E&T may still not be as bleak for the company as initially feared.
Quite how the future looks for some of the Australian wine grape growers, who are owed hundreds of thousands of dollars by E&T may be more of a worry, however...
We certainly hope not.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report