Blog: The secret to a long life? Three cans of Dr Pepper a day - video
James Wilmore | 24 March 2015
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today.
After months, if not years, of bad press for the CSD segment over health concerns, the tables have been turned. For a day at least.
Step forward 104 year-old Elizabeth Sullivan. Her secret to a long life? Three cans of Dr Pepper a day for "the last 50 or 60 years", apparently.
My favourite line from Elizabeth: "Two doctors told me that if I keep on drinking it (Dr Pepper), I'll die. But they died first!"
I'm guessing her seemingly cheery disposition and active mind must have helped too. Still, it's a lovely story.
Enjoy it below, as told to CNN's Gary Tuchman.
The Coca-Cola Co has added two new juice variants to its Simply portfolio in the US....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends