Blog: The secret to a long life? Three cans of Dr Pepper a day - video
James Wilmore | 24 March 2015
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today.
After months, if not years, of bad press for the CSD segment over health concerns, the tables have been turned. For a day at least.
Step forward 104 year-old Elizabeth Sullivan. Her secret to a long life? Three cans of Dr Pepper a day for "the last 50 or 60 years", apparently.
My favourite line from Elizabeth: "Two doctors told me that if I keep on drinking it (Dr Pepper), I'll die. But they died first!"
I'm guessing her seemingly cheery disposition and active mind must have helped too. Still, it's a lovely story.
Enjoy it below, as told to CNN's Gary Tuchman.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends