Blog: The secret to a long life? Three cans of Dr Pepper a day - video
James Wilmore | 24 March 2015
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today.
After months, if not years, of bad press for the CSD segment over health concerns, the tables have been turned. For a day at least.
Step forward 104 year-old Elizabeth Sullivan. Her secret to a long life? Three cans of Dr Pepper a day for "the last 50 or 60 years", apparently.
My favourite line from Elizabeth: "Two doctors told me that if I keep on drinking it (Dr Pepper), I'll die. But they died first!"
I'm guessing her seemingly cheery disposition and active mind must have helped too. Still, it's a lovely story.
Enjoy it below, as told to CNN's Gary Tuchman.
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research