Blog: The morning after the night before
Olly Wehring | 18 December 2006
With Christmas a week away, the papers are full of hints and tips about how to avoid embarrassing yourself at this year’s office party (we had our event last Friday, and you’ll be relieved to hear that I was the perfect guest – what happened at that party stays at that party, alright?).
Anyway, the latest office party-related story came through today (18 December) and looked at how workers have managed to get through the morning after, when they’re back in the office and still feel a tad the worse for wear.
So, after a night on the sauce, have you ever:
a) fallen asleep at your computer screen (like 42% of UK workers)?
b) slipped to the loo for a quick kip (25%)?
c) Crept to your car for 40 winks (10%), or
d) Made for the stationary cupboard for some zeds (3%)?
Around 44% of us haven’t even made it in to work the following morning, the hangover was so bad.
The survey revealed that two hours of a working day is wasted when an employee comes in hungover and productivity is halved.
My solution to this is perfectly straightforward. You know how France closes completely in August for its summer holidays? Well, why can’t we in the UK do the same thing every December?
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends