Blog: The morning after the night before
Olly Wehring | 18 December 2006
With Christmas a week away, the papers are full of hints and tips about how to avoid embarrassing yourself at this year’s office party (we had our event last Friday, and you’ll be relieved to hear that I was the perfect guest – what happened at that party stays at that party, alright?).
Anyway, the latest office party-related story came through today (18 December) and looked at how workers have managed to get through the morning after, when they’re back in the office and still feel a tad the worse for wear.
So, after a night on the sauce, have you ever:
a) fallen asleep at your computer screen (like 42% of UK workers)?
b) slipped to the loo for a quick kip (25%)?
c) Crept to your car for 40 winks (10%), or
d) Made for the stationary cupboard for some zeds (3%)?
Around 44% of us haven’t even made it in to work the following morning, the hangover was so bad.
The survey revealed that two hours of a working day is wasted when an employee comes in hungover and productivity is halved.
My solution to this is perfectly straightforward. You know how France closes completely in August for its summer holidays? Well, why can’t we in the UK do the same thing every December?
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research