Blog: The morning after the night before
Olly Wehring | 18 December 2006
With Christmas a week away, the papers are full of hints and tips about how to avoid embarrassing yourself at this year’s office party (we had our event last Friday, and you’ll be relieved to hear that I was the perfect guest – what happened at that party stays at that party, alright?).
Anyway, the latest office party-related story came through today (18 December) and looked at how workers have managed to get through the morning after, when they’re back in the office and still feel a tad the worse for wear.
So, after a night on the sauce, have you ever:
a) fallen asleep at your computer screen (like 42% of UK workers)?
b) slipped to the loo for a quick kip (25%)?
c) Crept to your car for 40 winks (10%), or
d) Made for the stationary cupboard for some zeds (3%)?
Around 44% of us haven’t even made it in to work the following morning, the hangover was so bad.
The survey revealed that two hours of a working day is wasted when an employee comes in hungover and productivity is halved.
My solution to this is perfectly straightforward. You know how France closes completely in August for its summer holidays? Well, why can’t we in the UK do the same thing every December?
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets