Blog: The morning after the night before
Olly Wehring | 18 December 2006
With Christmas a week away, the papers are full of hints and tips about how to avoid embarrassing yourself at this year’s office party (we had our event last Friday, and you’ll be relieved to hear that I was the perfect guest – what happened at that party stays at that party, alright?).
Anyway, the latest office party-related story came through today (18 December) and looked at how workers have managed to get through the morning after, when they’re back in the office and still feel a tad the worse for wear.
So, after a night on the sauce, have you ever:
a) fallen asleep at your computer screen (like 42% of UK workers)?
b) slipped to the loo for a quick kip (25%)?
c) Crept to your car for 40 winks (10%), or
d) Made for the stationary cupboard for some zeds (3%)?
Around 44% of us haven’t even made it in to work the following morning, the hangover was so bad.
The survey revealed that two hours of a working day is wasted when an employee comes in hungover and productivity is halved.
My solution to this is perfectly straightforward. You know how France closes completely in August for its summer holidays? Well, why can’t we in the UK do the same thing every December?
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research