Blog: The morning after the night before
Olly Wehring | 18 December 2006
With Christmas a week away, the papers are full of hints and tips about how to avoid embarrassing yourself at this year’s office party (we had our event last Friday, and you’ll be relieved to hear that I was the perfect guest – what happened at that party stays at that party, alright?).
Anyway, the latest office party-related story came through today (18 December) and looked at how workers have managed to get through the morning after, when they’re back in the office and still feel a tad the worse for wear.
So, after a night on the sauce, have you ever:
a) fallen asleep at your computer screen (like 42% of UK workers)?
b) slipped to the loo for a quick kip (25%)?
c) Crept to your car for 40 winks (10%), or
d) Made for the stationary cupboard for some zeds (3%)?
Around 44% of us haven’t even made it in to work the following morning, the hangover was so bad.
The survey revealed that two hours of a working day is wasted when an employee comes in hungover and productivity is halved.
My solution to this is perfectly straightforward. You know how France closes completely in August for its summer holidays? Well, why can’t we in the UK do the same thing every December?
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research