Blog: The LIWF 2010 – Let's get ready to rumble
Olly Wehring | 21 April 2010
There's less than a month to go until this year's London International Wine Fair, and it's shaping up to be quite a good'un, least of all because it's the event's 30th anniversary this year. Take a look here to peruse the first show's calendar – there are a few familiar names.
For those of you who haven't registered, click here.
As usual, just-drinks will be out in force during the three days, so come along and watch us at work at our stand, G10.
We'll also be running our regular daily diary in the run-up to the show, with details of whose doing, showing and offering what in the hall. These diary pieces will start up on 1 May, so get your company's news to us now, by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, we're getting very excited about our 'State of the Nation' seminar, which we'll be hosting on the Wednesday. Not only will yours truly be giving his two penn'orth on how the landscape looks in the UK for wine companies, but we'll also have Troy Christensen (president of Constellation Australia and Europe), Simon Thorpe (managing director of Negociants UK) and Daniel King (COO of mySupermarket-Insights) balancing out my ramblings with their knowledgeable insights.
Admission is free, but spaces are limited, so click here for details on how to reserve a place.
We look forward to seeing you.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends