Blog: The Kid is all right
Olly Wehring | 12 January 2006
A now-legendary quote in soccer circles here in the UK, came when a pundit insisted: “You don’t win anything with kids.” Suffice to say, the young team he dismissed went on to take silverware left, right and centre in the following months. So, maybe we should give youngsters a little more credit, perhaps? That’s what they’re doing in the US, it seems.
A fifth-grade student in Missouri has suggested a potential solution for the terminal problem of drink-driving, and one senator is so impressed with the idea that he has proposed it as a law change for the whole state.
Sen. Bill Alter has proposed that grocery and convenience stores would risk losing their liquor licenses if they sold beer at a temperature colder than 60 degrees. “The only reason why beer would need to be cold is so that it can be consumed right away,” he said last week.
The student came up with the idea when participating in a programme to teach elementary students about state government.
“You never know what’s on the mind of young kids - some of them are pretty smart,” Alter said.
Warm cans of beer as a cure to drink-driving? I’d just plump for an RTD, then. You’d even spill less.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages