Blog: The Kid is all right
Olly Wehring | 12 January 2006
A now-legendary quote in soccer circles here in the UK, came when a pundit insisted: “You don’t win anything with kids.” Suffice to say, the young team he dismissed went on to take silverware left, right and centre in the following months. So, maybe we should give youngsters a little more credit, perhaps? That’s what they’re doing in the US, it seems.
A fifth-grade student in Missouri has suggested a potential solution for the terminal problem of drink-driving, and one senator is so impressed with the idea that he has proposed it as a law change for the whole state.
Sen. Bill Alter has proposed that grocery and convenience stores would risk losing their liquor licenses if they sold beer at a temperature colder than 60 degrees. “The only reason why beer would need to be cold is so that it can be consumed right away,” he said last week.
The student came up with the idea when participating in a programme to teach elementary students about state government.
“You never know what’s on the mind of young kids - some of them are pretty smart,” Alter said.
Warm cans of beer as a cure to drink-driving? I’d just plump for an RTD, then. You’d even spill less.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director