Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 19 May 2014
We are hugely proud to unveil the new-look just-drinks. The revamp came into effect late last week and we couldn’t be happier with it. Of course, your happiness is far more important than ours, so please drop me a line with your thoughts on your new just-drinks.
Meanwhile, on just-drinks last week:
- Campari released Q1 figures that highlighted a tough end to the quarter for the Italy-based company. Like most drinks firms, that Easter slipped into Q2 did for Campari in the first three months of 2014. That said, the company remains positive about the rest of this year, although success in 2014 will depend on whether the company can stop spending. Elsewhere in spirits, regular commentator Ian Buxton considered the Bourbon shortage, while Bacardi appointed an interim CEO.
- While Coca-Cola Co launched the latest version of its 'Freestyle' self-serve beverage dispenser today, SodaStream came out fighting last week against claims there is “push-back” from soft drinks companies to its own home-serve machines. Monster Beverage Corp, meanwhile, looks like it is finally coming good on its international aspirations.
- After Heineken lined up a merger of its subsidiaries in Nigeria earlier this month, analysts ran the rule over the proposal. Is Nigeria - home to the most aggressively competitive beer market in the world (some of the stories I’ve heard are frankly shocking!) - set to become yet more competitive?
- And, while Constellation Brands has been spoken of more in terms of beer in recent months, we all got a reminder last week that the company is still a big noise in the wine industry: Constellation was the latest company to be linked with Treasury Wine Estates’ operations in the US. Would Constellation be interested in making such a move? Probably not, but that’s not to say that M&A isn’t back on the firm’s agenda.
Brazil still offers a tremendous amount of opportunity, according to Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO Carlos Brito. ...
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research