Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 7 April 2014
The latest just-drinks webinar is almost upon us. The hour-long presentation, which takes place tomorrow (8 April) at 1400 UTC, looks at the results of our industry confidence survey. We’d love for you to join us for the free-to-attend webinar, full details of which can be found here.
Meanwhile, on just-drinks last week:
- The spirits rumour mill cranked into operation again, with Brown-Forman being mooted as looking to buy Remy Cointreau. The noises come just over a month after Brown-Forman was supposedly a takeover target itself, with Bacardi being linked to a move. Our take on the latest rumours? Head over here to find out. Elsewhere, we understand that Pernod Ricard is looking - again - at offloading its Becherovka liqueur brand. Who’s in the running? Well, here’s who’s not in the running, we reckon.
- PepsiCo had a go at spoiling Coca-Cola Co's parade on Wednesday: Coca-Cola is backing its FIFA World Cup official sponsorship tie-up with a global TV ad campaign. It must have been sheer coincidence that PepsiCo - which has no such official deal with the event - chose the same day as Coca-Cola to release its spot. And, as I suggested, it's clear where the two companies have spent their dollars.
- SABMiller started the week with the latest presentation in its quarterly divisional seminar series, this time looking at South Africa. Could the ladies of South Africa provide the next big growth market for the brewer? Anheuser-Busch InBev, meanwhile, welcomed Oriental Brewery back into its ranks.
- For you wine folk, we have more fruits from our Dusseldorf labours late last month. While at ProWein - click here for a round-up of our coverage of the exhibition - we met with the GM of Constellation Brands' international division, Philip Kingston.
Finally, on a personal note, I shall be running the London Marathon this coming Sunday (13 April). Here's why.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
Diageo has confirmed reports in the Chinese press that it will not go ahead with the construction of its planned Shui Jing Fang production site in Chengdu....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research