Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 7 April 2014
The latest just-drinks webinar is almost upon us. The hour-long presentation, which takes place tomorrow (8 April) at 1400 UTC, looks at the results of our industry confidence survey. We’d love for you to join us for the free-to-attend webinar, full details of which can be found here.
Meanwhile, on just-drinks last week:
- The spirits rumour mill cranked into operation again, with Brown-Forman being mooted as looking to buy Remy Cointreau. The noises come just over a month after Brown-Forman was supposedly a takeover target itself, with Bacardi being linked to a move. Our take on the latest rumours? Head over here to find out. Elsewhere, we understand that Pernod Ricard is looking - again - at offloading its Becherovka liqueur brand. Who’s in the running? Well, here’s who’s not in the running, we reckon.
- PepsiCo had a go at spoiling Coca-Cola Co's parade on Wednesday: Coca-Cola is backing its FIFA World Cup official sponsorship tie-up with a global TV ad campaign. It must have been sheer coincidence that PepsiCo - which has no such official deal with the event - chose the same day as Coca-Cola to release its spot. And, as I suggested, it's clear where the two companies have spent their dollars.
- SABMiller started the week with the latest presentation in its quarterly divisional seminar series, this time looking at South Africa. Could the ladies of South Africa provide the next big growth market for the brewer? Anheuser-Busch InBev, meanwhile, welcomed Oriental Brewery back into its ranks.
- For you wine folk, we have more fruits from our Dusseldorf labours late last month. While at ProWein - click here for a round-up of our coverage of the exhibition - we met with the GM of Constellation Brands' international division, Philip Kingston.
Finally, on a personal note, I shall be running the London Marathon this coming Sunday (13 April). Here's why.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
News emerged inthe UK late last month that 2,500 litres of fake wine and spirits were seized by police in the country as part of the worldwide Operation OPSON, run by Interpol. The counterfeit drinks ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research