Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 7 April 2014
The latest just-drinks webinar is almost upon us. The hour-long presentation, which takes place tomorrow (8 April) at 1400 UTC, looks at the results of our industry confidence survey. We’d love for you to join us for the free-to-attend webinar, full details of which can be found here.
Meanwhile, on just-drinks last week:
- The spirits rumour mill cranked into operation again, with Brown-Forman being mooted as looking to buy Remy Cointreau. The noises come just over a month after Brown-Forman was supposedly a takeover target itself, with Bacardi being linked to a move. Our take on the latest rumours? Head over here to find out. Elsewhere, we understand that Pernod Ricard is looking - again - at offloading its Becherovka liqueur brand. Who’s in the running? Well, here’s who’s not in the running, we reckon.
- PepsiCo had a go at spoiling Coca-Cola Co's parade on Wednesday: Coca-Cola is backing its FIFA World Cup official sponsorship tie-up with a global TV ad campaign. It must have been sheer coincidence that PepsiCo - which has no such official deal with the event - chose the same day as Coca-Cola to release its spot. And, as I suggested, it's clear where the two companies have spent their dollars.
- SABMiller started the week with the latest presentation in its quarterly divisional seminar series, this time looking at South Africa. Could the ladies of South Africa provide the next big growth market for the brewer? Anheuser-Busch InBev, meanwhile, welcomed Oriental Brewery back into its ranks.
- For you wine folk, we have more fruits from our Dusseldorf labours late last month. While at ProWein - click here for a round-up of our coverage of the exhibition - we met with the GM of Constellation Brands' international division, Philip Kingston.
Finally, on a personal note, I shall be running the London Marathon this coming Sunday (13 April). Here's why.
As the Travel Retail industry gathers for next week's TFWA World Exhibition amid the luxury yachts and pampered pooches of sunny Cannes, this most global of sales channels has much to ponder....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends