Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 31 March 2014
We’re a week away from our next webinar. The hour-long presentation, which takes place on Tuesday 8 April at 1400 UTC, looks at the results of our industry confidence survey. We’d love for you to join us for the free-to-attend webinar, full details of which can be found here.
Meanwhile, on just-drinks last week:
- The wine producers of Europe breathed a sigh of relief when their trade body secured an end to the anti-dumping row with its Chinese counterpart. With China viewed by many as the next big growth area for wine (just ask Constellation), the uncertainty of the last six months looks finally to have come to an end. Go east, young man! Meanwhile, this year’s ProWein exhibition took place in Dusseldorf last week. Here’s the full round-up of our coverage of the event.
- China also hogged the spirits headlines, with both Pernod Ricard and Diageo highlighting their efforts in the country. Pernod is looking to the country’s female consumers to help it get over the Cognac hump, while Diageo shuffled its executive pack to target China - and India - going forward. Elsewhere, Suntory moved a step closer to completing its purchase of Beam Inc - we can expect the deal to close at the end of April.
- Back to China, and Heineken signalled its hopes for the country’s beer market, as it began construction of its third brewery there. Further north, however,Anheuser-Busch InBev closed yet another facility in Russia as the authorities’ clampdown on irresponsible consumption continues to bite the brewers.
- In soft drinks, AG Barr toasted a healthy 2013, as it reported a strong set of numbers for the year. Shortly after the release of the figures, Barr’s CEO told us of his lack of concern at the arrival of Suntory in the UK’s soft drinks market.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Bar Convent Berlin wrapped up on Wednesday, with record numbers of visitors and exhibitors to the on-trade show. just-drinks sat down with co-founder Helmut Adam to find out what changes the show's ne...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research