Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 25 March 2014
It's about that time of year when just-drinks hosts its annual webinar, looking at the results of our industry confidence survey. We'll run the live, free-to-attend webinar on Tuesday 8 April at 1400 UTC and we'd love for you to join us. Full details and a link to registration can be found here.
Meanwhile, on just-drinks last week:
- We attended the annual Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London at the start of the week. Much as SABMiller and Diageo were there, we noted a distinctly soft drink slant - and a Coca-Cola one at that - to proceedings. The Coca-Cola Co, Coca-Cola HBC, Coca-Cola Enterprises and Coca-Cola Icecek all presented to the assembled analysts. One of the topics up for discussion was the future for Coca-Cola Co's German bottling operations. Do you want to buy them?
- The spirits industry was rocked by the very public slanging match that kicked off in Tennessee between Brown-Forman and Diageo. When Brown-Forman fired the first shot, we didn't have to wait long for Diageo to step up. My worry is that, when such a disagreement hits the public airwaves, it's unlikely that there will be any winners.
- ProWein 2014 is now upon us. The annual exhibition kicked off in Dusseldorf yesterday and just-drinks is there. If you'd like us to come and say hello, email us today at email@example.com. Meanwhile, Bordeaux was the latest region to release its harvest figures for 2013, and they don't make for pretty reading.
- Finally, you brewers out there will enjoy this; the first in our two-part interview with Ken Grossman, the founder of the second largest independent brewer in the US, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
Edrington has said it has no plans to sell Brugal rum after the brand suffered a second write-down in three years. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Sustainability in Drinks - Sugar: A Shared Priorit
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future