Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 25 March 2014
It's about that time of year when just-drinks hosts its annual webinar, looking at the results of our industry confidence survey. We'll run the live, free-to-attend webinar on Tuesday 8 April at 1400 UTC and we'd love for you to join us. Full details and a link to registration can be found here.
Meanwhile, on just-drinks last week:
- We attended the annual Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London at the start of the week. Much as SABMiller and Diageo were there, we noted a distinctly soft drink slant - and a Coca-Cola one at that - to proceedings. The Coca-Cola Co, Coca-Cola HBC, Coca-Cola Enterprises and Coca-Cola Icecek all presented to the assembled analysts. One of the topics up for discussion was the future for Coca-Cola Co's German bottling operations. Do you want to buy them?
- The spirits industry was rocked by the very public slanging match that kicked off in Tennessee between Brown-Forman and Diageo. When Brown-Forman fired the first shot, we didn't have to wait long for Diageo to step up. My worry is that, when such a disagreement hits the public airwaves, it's unlikely that there will be any winners.
- ProWein 2014 is now upon us. The annual exhibition kicked off in Dusseldorf yesterday and just-drinks is there. If you'd like us to come and say hello, email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, Bordeaux was the latest region to release its harvest figures for 2013, and they don't make for pretty reading.
- Finally, you brewers out there will enjoy this; the first in our two-part interview with Ken Grossman, the founder of the second largest independent brewer in the US, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends