Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 25 March 2014
It's about that time of year when just-drinks hosts its annual webinar, looking at the results of our industry confidence survey. We'll run the live, free-to-attend webinar on Tuesday 8 April at 1400 UTC and we'd love for you to join us. Full details and a link to registration can be found here.
Meanwhile, on just-drinks last week:
- We attended the annual Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London at the start of the week. Much as SABMiller and Diageo were there, we noted a distinctly soft drink slant - and a Coca-Cola one at that - to proceedings. The Coca-Cola Co, Coca-Cola HBC, Coca-Cola Enterprises and Coca-Cola Icecek all presented to the assembled analysts. One of the topics up for discussion was the future for Coca-Cola Co's German bottling operations. Do you want to buy them?
- The spirits industry was rocked by the very public slanging match that kicked off in Tennessee between Brown-Forman and Diageo. When Brown-Forman fired the first shot, we didn't have to wait long for Diageo to step up. My worry is that, when such a disagreement hits the public airwaves, it's unlikely that there will be any winners.
- ProWein 2014 is now upon us. The annual exhibition kicked off in Dusseldorf yesterday and just-drinks is there. If you'd like us to come and say hello, email us today at email@example.com. Meanwhile, Bordeaux was the latest region to release its harvest figures for 2013, and they don't make for pretty reading.
- Finally, you brewers out there will enjoy this; the first in our two-part interview with Ken Grossman, the founder of the second largest independent brewer in the US, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends