Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 25 March 2014
It's about that time of year when just-drinks hosts its annual webinar, looking at the results of our industry confidence survey. We'll run the live, free-to-attend webinar on Tuesday 8 April at 1400 UTC and we'd love for you to join us. Full details and a link to registration can be found here.
Meanwhile, on just-drinks last week:
- We attended the annual Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London at the start of the week. Much as SABMiller and Diageo were there, we noted a distinctly soft drink slant - and a Coca-Cola one at that - to proceedings. The Coca-Cola Co, Coca-Cola HBC, Coca-Cola Enterprises and Coca-Cola Icecek all presented to the assembled analysts. One of the topics up for discussion was the future for Coca-Cola Co's German bottling operations. Do you want to buy them?
- The spirits industry was rocked by the very public slanging match that kicked off in Tennessee between Brown-Forman and Diageo. When Brown-Forman fired the first shot, we didn't have to wait long for Diageo to step up. My worry is that, when such a disagreement hits the public airwaves, it's unlikely that there will be any winners.
- ProWein 2014 is now upon us. The annual exhibition kicked off in Dusseldorf yesterday and just-drinks is there. If you'd like us to come and say hello, email us today at email@example.com. Meanwhile, Bordeaux was the latest region to release its harvest figures for 2013, and they don't make for pretty reading.
- Finally, you brewers out there will enjoy this; the first in our two-part interview with Ken Grossman, the founder of the second largest independent brewer in the US, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
In the first part of just-drinks' interview with Bulldog Gin Co's founder & CEO, Anshuman Vohra, we looked at the birth and rise of the brand. In part two, Vohra considers the wider gin segment, Bulld...
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends