Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 10 March 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- Spring looks like it has arrived here in the UK, but it looks like it’s Spring all year round in Kentucky. The numbers for the nine months to the end of January for Louisville-based Brown-Forman, released on Wednesday, made for cheery reading: Profits up, sales up, full-year estimates raised. It’s no surprise, then, that analysts were in such good moods when they considered the near-term future for Jack Daniel’s, Woodford Reserve, Finlandia, Herradura et al.
- Another company in high spirits is Jackson Family Wines. Deputy editor James Wilmore spoke to the Californian wine company’s president, Rick Tigner, last week, and learned of JFW’s keenness to up its footprint going forward, with Italy set to be a target.
- In beer, regular commentator Larry Nelson turned his attention to BrewDog, a UK-based craft brewer that continues to earn headlines for its innovative - albeit occasionally controversial - approach to growth. What Larry has learned from the company should give all start-ups food-for-thought.
- In soft drinks, Coca-Cola Amatil welcomed its new MD last Monday, whileSodaStream toasted the latest addition to its portfolio of co-branding partners. Finally, could Jones Soda Co be poised - finally - for a return to better days, after seeing its FY net losses narrow last week?
Don’t forget, we’re running our daily preview of this month's ProWein exhibition in the run-up to the Dusseldorf show, which starts on 23 March. We'll provide a run-down of which companies will be attending and what they will be highlighting so, for your firm to appear in the ProWein daily diary, email details to email@example.com.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Asahi has readied the launch of the first extension of the Peroni Nastro Azzuro beer brand in the US....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends