Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 10 March 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- Spring looks like it has arrived here in the UK, but it looks like it’s Spring all year round in Kentucky. The numbers for the nine months to the end of January for Louisville-based Brown-Forman, released on Wednesday, made for cheery reading: Profits up, sales up, full-year estimates raised. It’s no surprise, then, that analysts were in such good moods when they considered the near-term future for Jack Daniel’s, Woodford Reserve, Finlandia, Herradura et al.
- Another company in high spirits is Jackson Family Wines. Deputy editor James Wilmore spoke to the Californian wine company’s president, Rick Tigner, last week, and learned of JFW’s keenness to up its footprint going forward, with Italy set to be a target.
- In beer, regular commentator Larry Nelson turned his attention to BrewDog, a UK-based craft brewer that continues to earn headlines for its innovative - albeit occasionally controversial - approach to growth. What Larry has learned from the company should give all start-ups food-for-thought.
- In soft drinks, Coca-Cola Amatil welcomed its new MD last Monday, whileSodaStream toasted the latest addition to its portfolio of co-branding partners. Finally, could Jones Soda Co be poised - finally - for a return to better days, after seeing its FY net losses narrow last week?
Don’t forget, we’re running our daily preview of this month's ProWein exhibition in the run-up to the Dusseldorf show, which starts on 23 March. We'll provide a run-down of which companies will be attending and what they will be highlighting so, for your firm to appear in the ProWein daily diary, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
On Thursday (28 July), Diageo will report its full-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the group has fared in its fourth quarter, the three months to the end of June:...
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends