Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 10 March 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- Spring looks like it has arrived here in the UK, but it looks like it’s Spring all year round in Kentucky. The numbers for the nine months to the end of January for Louisville-based Brown-Forman, released on Wednesday, made for cheery reading: Profits up, sales up, full-year estimates raised. It’s no surprise, then, that analysts were in such good moods when they considered the near-term future for Jack Daniel’s, Woodford Reserve, Finlandia, Herradura et al.
- Another company in high spirits is Jackson Family Wines. Deputy editor James Wilmore spoke to the Californian wine company’s president, Rick Tigner, last week, and learned of JFW’s keenness to up its footprint going forward, with Italy set to be a target.
- In beer, regular commentator Larry Nelson turned his attention to BrewDog, a UK-based craft brewer that continues to earn headlines for its innovative - albeit occasionally controversial - approach to growth. What Larry has learned from the company should give all start-ups food-for-thought.
- In soft drinks, Coca-Cola Amatil welcomed its new MD last Monday, whileSodaStream toasted the latest addition to its portfolio of co-branding partners. Finally, could Jones Soda Co be poised - finally - for a return to better days, after seeing its FY net losses narrow last week?
Don’t forget, we’re running our daily preview of this month's ProWein exhibition in the run-up to the Dusseldorf show, which starts on 23 March. We'll provide a run-down of which companies will be attending and what they will be highlighting so, for your firm to appear in the ProWein daily diary, email details to email@example.com.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review