Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
James Wilmore | 13 January 2014
Diageo has been quick out of the blocks this year with the acquisition of high-end Tequila brand DeLeon, in partnership with Sean 'Diddy' Combs. My colleague Olly Wehring noted, however, that the brand is unlikely to be a replacement for Jose Cuervo.
Beam was also on the acquisition trail in the same category, taking co-ownership of 901 Tequila with musician and actor Justin Timberlake.
In beer, Anheuser-Busch InBev confirmed it was saying goodbye to its chief marketing officer in the US. Constellation Brands, meanwhile, continues to benefit from its deal with A-B InBev which saw it take full control of Modelo’s US beer business, Crown Imports.
In wine, a new just-drinks report looked at the challenge the European wine sector will eventually face from China in international markets, as the country’s production levels outweigh domestic consumption.
And CSD producers appear to be in for another bumpy ride this year from anti-obesity campaigners. A new UK-based group - ‘Action on Sugar’ - has been launched aimed at getting companies to cut the amount of sugar in their products by up to 30%.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
The wine arm of India's United Spirits has launched its first new product since the unit came under Diageo control....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends