Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
James Wilmore | 16 December 2013
As 2013 draws to a close, we kicked-off our usual category reviews of the year. My global look at beer and cider is here.
Elsewhere last week, Carlsberg revealed it will have a new UK CEO from next month. Meanwhile, the region's brewers are ploughing on with a high-profile campaign to get people to drink more beer despite a TV ad getting banned.
Bacardi also ran into advertising hot water over the latest spot for its Dewar's Scotch whisky in the US. Just-drinks’ managing editor Olly Wehring looked at the lesson to be learnt from the episode.
Accolade Wines finally announced who its new CEO will be, more than a year since Troy Christensen vacated the position. Australian winemakers also revealed how they plan to get the industry back on track.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch