Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
James Wilmore | 25 November 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- Just-drinks got up close with Diageo's new(ish) CEO, who revealed plans to launch into the high-end Bourbon market. We also couldn't resist asking Ivan Menezes about Guinness' latest marketing "tactics", but the stout brand looks set to stay in the group's portfolio. Bacardi unveiled a new global campaign for its namesake white rum.
- In the brewing world, SABMiller reported a rise in half-year profits, but flat sales as the familiar story of a tough Europe, but brighter emerging markets remains. Its Europe unit is also eyeing a new effort to tackle the demographic most brewers struggle with: women.
- For the grape gazers, attention turned to the Australian duo of Treasury Wine Estates and private equity-owned Accolade Wines. The groups have got that little bit closer by signing a new deal in the US. Where will this love affair lead?
- In soft drinks, we zeroed-in on an interesting new player in the sports beverage sector - iPro Sport - which has big plans in the UK and US markets. While in Asia, Asahi Group expanded its bottled water interests in Indonesia.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
The UK spirits industry is preparing itself for short-term losses following the decision to leave the European Union. ...
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends