Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 28 October 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- The Q3 results season continues, with Heineken being the latest major brewer to report its numbers. The company's annus horribilis goes on, with flat sales in the year-to-date prompting a warning from the brewer that its 2013 full-year net profits are expected to fall by low single-digits. And yet, as one analyst highlighted, Heineken's long-term gameplan looks sound. Also, as I suggested, maybe the firm is being a little bit too hard on itself. For a full round-up of our coverage of Heineken's latest figures, click here.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group has had a better year of it so far, withnine-month net profits staying black on flat sales. With the "extremely challenging" adage getting yet another airing, the US-based company also expressed alarm at the marked fall in sales for diet CSDs in its domestic market. Should the company heed the advice of the analyst that suggested pricing is the answer?
- Another multinational having a tough time of late is Pernod Ricard, which saw sales in its fiscal first quarter register a marked decrease. Despite the firm maintaining that its full-year profits should stay positive, can Pernod get over its Chinese hump? The likes of Remy Cointreau are struggling to do just that.
- The wine world was surprised to learn last week that Vinexpo's planned exhibition in the country is now dead in the water. Isn't China supposed to be the next booming market for wine? Then, when we learned last week that the event organiser was not yet able to guarantee that Vinexpo Tokyo will go ahead, the concern must now be that it is alarm bells that wine companies can hear coming from the east, rather than the sound of till drawers.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research