Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 28 October 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- The Q3 results season continues, with Heineken being the latest major brewer to report its numbers. The company's annus horribilis goes on, with flat sales in the year-to-date prompting a warning from the brewer that its 2013 full-year net profits are expected to fall by low single-digits. And yet, as one analyst highlighted, Heineken's long-term gameplan looks sound. Also, as I suggested, maybe the firm is being a little bit too hard on itself. For a full round-up of our coverage of Heineken's latest figures, click here.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group has had a better year of it so far, withnine-month net profits staying black on flat sales. With the "extremely challenging" adage getting yet another airing, the US-based company also expressed alarm at the marked fall in sales for diet CSDs in its domestic market. Should the company heed the advice of the analyst that suggested pricing is the answer?
- Another multinational having a tough time of late is Pernod Ricard, which saw sales in its fiscal first quarter register a marked decrease. Despite the firm maintaining that its full-year profits should stay positive, can Pernod get over its Chinese hump? The likes of Remy Cointreau are struggling to do just that.
- The wine world was surprised to learn last week that Vinexpo's planned exhibition in the country is now dead in the water. Isn't China supposed to be the next booming market for wine? Then, when we learned last week that the event organiser was not yet able to guarantee that Vinexpo Tokyo will go ahead, the concern must now be that it is alarm bells that wine companies can hear coming from the east, rather than the sound of till drawers.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
The wine arm of India's United Spirits has launched its first new product since the unit came under Diageo control....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends