Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 28 October 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- The Q3 results season continues, with Heineken being the latest major brewer to report its numbers. The company's annus horribilis goes on, with flat sales in the year-to-date prompting a warning from the brewer that its 2013 full-year net profits are expected to fall by low single-digits. And yet, as one analyst highlighted, Heineken's long-term gameplan looks sound. Also, as I suggested, maybe the firm is being a little bit too hard on itself. For a full round-up of our coverage of Heineken's latest figures, click here.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group has had a better year of it so far, withnine-month net profits staying black on flat sales. With the "extremely challenging" adage getting yet another airing, the US-based company also expressed alarm at the marked fall in sales for diet CSDs in its domestic market. Should the company heed the advice of the analyst that suggested pricing is the answer?
- Another multinational having a tough time of late is Pernod Ricard, which saw sales in its fiscal first quarter register a marked decrease. Despite the firm maintaining that its full-year profits should stay positive, can Pernod get over its Chinese hump? The likes of Remy Cointreau are struggling to do just that.
- The wine world was surprised to learn last week that Vinexpo's planned exhibition in the country is now dead in the water. Isn't China supposed to be the next booming market for wine? Then, when we learned last week that the event organiser was not yet able to guarantee that Vinexpo Tokyo will go ahead, the concern must now be that it is alarm bells that wine companies can hear coming from the east, rather than the sound of till drawers.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends