Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 21 October 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- And, the numbers kept rolling in. In soft drinks, the two big guys posted their third-quarter and year-to-date numbers. While The Coca-Cola Co saw its nine-month sales and profits dip, PepsiCo was left to toast growth in both in the period. In North America, however, the two suffered contrasting fortunes again, this time in the opposite direction.
- SABMiller issued a trading update for its half-year that showed volumes and sales improve slightly in the period. While the brewer may be dealing with issues in the short-term, the longer-term future for the company looks good, according to one analyst.
- In spirits, Diageo issued a trading update soon after its investor conference, which considered the potential offered by Africa, drew to a close on Tuesday. Meanwhile, returning spirits commentator Richard Woodard cast his eye over Bacardi’s latest global push for the Grey Goose vodka brand, as deputy editor James Wilmore sat down with the man himself, Bacardi’s CEO Ed Shirley.
- In wine, the spotlight was shone on the growing influence of Hispanic consumers in the US. Could the Latino population hold the key for unlocking the world’s most important wine market?
just-drinks is in Cannes this week, at the annual TFWA World Exhibition for the travel retail channel. Take a look here for our preview of the event and, if you’re down on the Riviera, drop us a line to arrange a meet-up.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages