Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 21 October 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- And, the numbers kept rolling in. In soft drinks, the two big guys posted their third-quarter and year-to-date numbers. While The Coca-Cola Co saw its nine-month sales and profits dip, PepsiCo was left to toast growth in both in the period. In North America, however, the two suffered contrasting fortunes again, this time in the opposite direction.
- SABMiller issued a trading update for its half-year that showed volumes and sales improve slightly in the period. While the brewer may be dealing with issues in the short-term, the longer-term future for the company looks good, according to one analyst.
- In spirits, Diageo issued a trading update soon after its investor conference, which considered the potential offered by Africa, drew to a close on Tuesday. Meanwhile, returning spirits commentator Richard Woodard cast his eye over Bacardi’s latest global push for the Grey Goose vodka brand, as deputy editor James Wilmore sat down with the man himself, Bacardi’s CEO Ed Shirley.
- In wine, the spotlight was shone on the growing influence of Hispanic consumers in the US. Could the Latino population hold the key for unlocking the world’s most important wine market?
just-drinks is in Cannes this week, at the annual TFWA World Exhibition for the travel retail channel. Take a look here for our preview of the event and, if you’re down on the Riviera, drop us a line to arrange a meet-up.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research