Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 21 October 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- And, the numbers kept rolling in. In soft drinks, the two big guys posted their third-quarter and year-to-date numbers. While The Coca-Cola Co saw its nine-month sales and profits dip, PepsiCo was left to toast growth in both in the period. In North America, however, the two suffered contrasting fortunes again, this time in the opposite direction.
- SABMiller issued a trading update for its half-year that showed volumes and sales improve slightly in the period. While the brewer may be dealing with issues in the short-term, the longer-term future for the company looks good, according to one analyst.
- In spirits, Diageo issued a trading update soon after its investor conference, which considered the potential offered by Africa, drew to a close on Tuesday. Meanwhile, returning spirits commentator Richard Woodard cast his eye over Bacardi’s latest global push for the Grey Goose vodka brand, as deputy editor James Wilmore sat down with the man himself, Bacardi’s CEO Ed Shirley.
- In wine, the spotlight was shone on the growing influence of Hispanic consumers in the US. Could the Latino population hold the key for unlocking the world’s most important wine market?
just-drinks is in Cannes this week, at the annual TFWA World Exhibition for the travel retail channel. Take a look here for our preview of the event and, if you’re down on the Riviera, drop us a line to arrange a meet-up.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
Don't look now, but one of the most memorable and controversial trends in soft drinks from the 1980s and 1990s - clear soft drinks - is staging a comeback. And, some of the iconic clear soft drinks of...
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
Pernod Ricard has started selling its Indian whiskies in sub-Saharan Africa as the company looks to double sales in the region over the next four years....
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
The CFO of Diageo, Deirdre Mahlan, has been confirmed as the replacement for Larry Schwartz as head of the company's North America division....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research