Blog: The just-drinks soft drink campaign starts here - join us
Olly Wehring | 24 October 2006
Here at just-drinks, we are not ones for campaign-style journalism. Give us a lead on a good story, and we’ll deliver the facts for you. But generally, we believe it’s up to the industry to take the lead on the issues it faces - not that I am backward at coming forward with my own opinion as those that have read this column will know.
However, a piece by our soft drinks reporter, Annette Farr, this month got me thinking that, perhaps, there are issues we ought to support more vocally. Of course, I suggest you read the whole piece for yourselves but, to summarise, Annette is calling for the European soft drinks industry to show a united front and launch a single exhibition that would cover all aspects of the industry under one roof.
Three years into this job now, and it still amazes me there isn’t a show that represents the interests of everything soft drinks, from packaging and vending to marketing and innovation.
As Annette points out, the soft drinks industry has spawned the world’s No. 1 brand. Soft drinks outsell all other FMCG categories across Europe. And, soft drink manufacturers are pioneers when it comes to innovation and new product development. Surely, the industry deserves its very own showcase?
So, we would like to hear what you have to say about this. Is this idea worth pursuing? Do you in the industry feel you are already well serviced by the existing, fragmented network of shows? In short, can someone - and should someone - host a show of this nature?
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages