Blog: The just-drinks soft drink campaign starts here - join us
Olly Wehring | 24 October 2006
Here at just-drinks, we are not ones for campaign-style journalism. Give us a lead on a good story, and we’ll deliver the facts for you. But generally, we believe it’s up to the industry to take the lead on the issues it faces - not that I am backward at coming forward with my own opinion as those that have read this column will know.
However, a piece by our soft drinks reporter, Annette Farr, this month got me thinking that, perhaps, there are issues we ought to support more vocally. Of course, I suggest you read the whole piece for yourselves but, to summarise, Annette is calling for the European soft drinks industry to show a united front and launch a single exhibition that would cover all aspects of the industry under one roof.
Three years into this job now, and it still amazes me there isn’t a show that represents the interests of everything soft drinks, from packaging and vending to marketing and innovation.
As Annette points out, the soft drinks industry has spawned the world’s No. 1 brand. Soft drinks outsell all other FMCG categories across Europe. And, soft drink manufacturers are pioneers when it comes to innovation and new product development. Surely, the industry deserves its very own showcase?
So, we would like to hear what you have to say about this. Is this idea worth pursuing? Do you in the industry feel you are already well serviced by the existing, fragmented network of shows? In short, can someone - and should someone - host a show of this nature?
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages