Blog: The just-drinks soft drink campaign starts here - join us
Olly Wehring | 24 October 2006
Here at just-drinks, we are not ones for campaign-style journalism. Give us a lead on a good story, and we’ll deliver the facts for you. But generally, we believe it’s up to the industry to take the lead on the issues it faces - not that I am backward at coming forward with my own opinion as those that have read this column will know.
However, a piece by our soft drinks reporter, Annette Farr, this month got me thinking that, perhaps, there are issues we ought to support more vocally. Of course, I suggest you read the whole piece for yourselves but, to summarise, Annette is calling for the European soft drinks industry to show a united front and launch a single exhibition that would cover all aspects of the industry under one roof.
Three years into this job now, and it still amazes me there isn’t a show that represents the interests of everything soft drinks, from packaging and vending to marketing and innovation.
As Annette points out, the soft drinks industry has spawned the world’s No. 1 brand. Soft drinks outsell all other FMCG categories across Europe. And, soft drink manufacturers are pioneers when it comes to innovation and new product development. Surely, the industry deserves its very own showcase?
So, we would like to hear what you have to say about this. Is this idea worth pursuing? Do you in the industry feel you are already well serviced by the existing, fragmented network of shows? In short, can someone - and should someone - host a show of this nature?
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits