Blog: The future for soft drinks - the BSDA's crystal ball
Olly Wehring | 12 January 2007
After weeks of circling each other - we’re both very busy people, you see - I finally hooked up with Richard Laming, the public affairs manager for the British Soft Drinks Association, earlier this week.
We talked for a fair while about the great and the good within the soft drinks industry, and also discussed the fields that the BSDA works in.
But it was when we turned to what the future brings that Laming came into his own. “I can see appetite-suppressant drinks being the next big thing for the soft drinks industry,” he said, noting that these obese kids are still going to have large appetites even if they’re trying to lose weight.
So, is anyone out there doing anything in this area yet? Do, please, let us know.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends