Blog: The future for soft drinks - the BSDA's crystal ball
Olly Wehring | 12 January 2007
After weeks of circling each other - we’re both very busy people, you see - I finally hooked up with Richard Laming, the public affairs manager for the British Soft Drinks Association, earlier this week.
We talked for a fair while about the great and the good within the soft drinks industry, and also discussed the fields that the BSDA works in.
But it was when we turned to what the future brings that Laming came into his own. “I can see appetite-suppressant drinks being the next big thing for the soft drinks industry,” he said, noting that these obese kids are still going to have large appetites even if they’re trying to lose weight.
So, is anyone out there doing anything in this area yet? Do, please, let us know.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends