Blog: The future for soft drinks - the BSDA's crystal ball
Olly Wehring | 12 January 2007
After weeks of circling each other - we’re both very busy people, you see - I finally hooked up with Richard Laming, the public affairs manager for the British Soft Drinks Association, earlier this week.
We talked for a fair while about the great and the good within the soft drinks industry, and also discussed the fields that the BSDA works in.
But it was when we turned to what the future brings that Laming came into his own. “I can see appetite-suppressant drinks being the next big thing for the soft drinks industry,” he said, noting that these obese kids are still going to have large appetites even if they’re trying to lose weight.
So, is anyone out there doing anything in this area yet? Do, please, let us know.
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review