Blog: The future for soft drinks - the BSDA's crystal ball
Olly Wehring | 12 January 2007
After weeks of circling each other - we’re both very busy people, you see - I finally hooked up with Richard Laming, the public affairs manager for the British Soft Drinks Association, earlier this week.
We talked for a fair while about the great and the good within the soft drinks industry, and also discussed the fields that the BSDA works in.
But it was when we turned to what the future brings that Laming came into his own. “I can see appetite-suppressant drinks being the next big thing for the soft drinks industry,” he said, noting that these obese kids are still going to have large appetites even if they’re trying to lose weight.
So, is anyone out there doing anything in this area yet? Do, please, let us know.
This weekend, Bacardi is hosting a three-day music event on the private island of Palomino just off the coast of Puerto Rico....
Warmest thanks to all of you who filled in our annual readers' survey this month. The results are very important for us to learn from and look to improve our service to you....
Today's news that German spirits firm Mast-Jägermeister has joined UK responsible drinking organisation The Portman Group may raise eyebrows in some quarters....
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review