Blog: The future for soft drinks - the BSDA's crystal ball
Olly Wehring | 12 January 2007
After weeks of circling each other - we’re both very busy people, you see - I finally hooked up with Richard Laming, the public affairs manager for the British Soft Drinks Association, earlier this week.
We talked for a fair while about the great and the good within the soft drinks industry, and also discussed the fields that the BSDA works in.
But it was when we turned to what the future brings that Laming came into his own. “I can see appetite-suppressant drinks being the next big thing for the soft drinks industry,” he said, noting that these obese kids are still going to have large appetites even if they’re trying to lose weight.
So, is anyone out there doing anything in this area yet? Do, please, let us know.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research