Blog: The Famous Grouse becomes a bit more famous
Chris Mercer | 29 November 2010
The grouse sculpture. Picture courtesy of newscom.
For years, the mascot for the The Famous Grouse Scotch whisky (surprisingly, it's a cartoon grouse) has graced television screens in the run-up to Christmas. Now, residents in Perth, Scotland, have a permanent statue courtesy of brand owner, The Edrington Group.
A 21-ft tall sculpture of a grouse taking flight has been erected on "one of Scotland's major road junctions" in Perthshire to mark 800 years since King William the Lion handed Perth the Royal Burgh Charter (in 1210).
Edrington Group stumped up the dollar for the statue.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits