Blog: The Famous Grouse becomes a bit more famous
Chris Mercer | 29 November 2010
The grouse sculpture. Picture courtesy of newscom.
For years, the mascot for the The Famous Grouse Scotch whisky (surprisingly, it's a cartoon grouse) has graced television screens in the run-up to Christmas. Now, residents in Perth, Scotland, have a permanent statue courtesy of brand owner, The Edrington Group.
A 21-ft tall sculpture of a grouse taking flight has been erected on "one of Scotland's major road junctions" in Perthshire to mark 800 years since King William the Lion handed Perth the Royal Burgh Charter (in 1210).
Edrington Group stumped up the dollar for the statue.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts