Blog: The Famous Grouse becomes a bit more famous
Chris Mercer | 29 November 2010
The grouse sculpture. Picture courtesy of newscom.
For years, the mascot for the The Famous Grouse Scotch whisky (surprisingly, it's a cartoon grouse) has graced television screens in the run-up to Christmas. Now, residents in Perth, Scotland, have a permanent statue courtesy of brand owner, The Edrington Group.
A 21-ft tall sculpture of a grouse taking flight has been erected on "one of Scotland's major road junctions" in Perthshire to mark 800 years since King William the Lion handed Perth the Royal Burgh Charter (in 1210).
Edrington Group stumped up the dollar for the statue.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends