Blog: The drinks industry and the environment - tell us your stories
Olly Wehring | 13 March 2007
As our effect on the environment garners more and more column inches, I have to take my hat off to Anheuser-Busch for its latest efforts in this area.
The US-based brewer said yesterday (12 March) that it will plant one tree for each shareholder that chooses to receive its annual report next year online rather than a printed version.
Unnecessary wastage is a charge that can regularly be levelled at many of us in the drinks industry. My office is permanently cluttered with over-the-top, opulent packaging from press conferences and, short of reusing them for my permanent paperwork (I’m not that important), the only other option is to chuck the over-elaborate bumph out. And don’t start me on the amount of paper used for press releases.
So, another just-drinks crusade begins today. Feel free to let me know of any good turns you or your company is performing on the environmental front. And if you want to shame a company, then we want to hear about that too.
The best one wins a folder – or two.
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research