Blog: The drinks industry and the environment - tell us your stories
Olly Wehring | 13 March 2007
As our effect on the environment garners more and more column inches, I have to take my hat off to Anheuser-Busch for its latest efforts in this area.
The US-based brewer said yesterday (12 March) that it will plant one tree for each shareholder that chooses to receive its annual report next year online rather than a printed version.
Unnecessary wastage is a charge that can regularly be levelled at many of us in the drinks industry. My office is permanently cluttered with over-the-top, opulent packaging from press conferences and, short of reusing them for my permanent paperwork (I’m not that important), the only other option is to chuck the over-elaborate bumph out. And don’t start me on the amount of paper used for press releases.
So, another just-drinks crusade begins today. Feel free to let me know of any good turns you or your company is performing on the environmental front. And if you want to shame a company, then we want to hear about that too.
The best one wins a folder – or two.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review