Blog: The drinks industry and the environment - tell us your stories
Olly Wehring | 13 March 2007
As our effect on the environment garners more and more column inches, I have to take my hat off to Anheuser-Busch for its latest efforts in this area.
The US-based brewer said yesterday (12 March) that it will plant one tree for each shareholder that chooses to receive its annual report next year online rather than a printed version.
Unnecessary wastage is a charge that can regularly be levelled at many of us in the drinks industry. My office is permanently cluttered with over-the-top, opulent packaging from press conferences and, short of reusing them for my permanent paperwork (I’m not that important), the only other option is to chuck the over-elaborate bumph out. And don’t start me on the amount of paper used for press releases.
So, another just-drinks crusade begins today. Feel free to let me know of any good turns you or your company is performing on the environmental front. And if you want to shame a company, then we want to hear about that too.
The best one wins a folder – or two.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India