Blog: The drinks industry and the environment - tell us your stories
Olly Wehring | 13 March 2007
As our effect on the environment garners more and more column inches, I have to take my hat off to Anheuser-Busch for its latest efforts in this area.
The US-based brewer said yesterday (12 March) that it will plant one tree for each shareholder that chooses to receive its annual report next year online rather than a printed version.
Unnecessary wastage is a charge that can regularly be levelled at many of us in the drinks industry. My office is permanently cluttered with over-the-top, opulent packaging from press conferences and, short of reusing them for my permanent paperwork (I’m not that important), the only other option is to chuck the over-elaborate bumph out. And don’t start me on the amount of paper used for press releases.
So, another just-drinks crusade begins today. Feel free to let me know of any good turns you or your company is performing on the environmental front. And if you want to shame a company, then we want to hear about that too.
The best one wins a folder – or two.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends