Blog: The Dean is dead - long live the Dean
Olly Wehring | 5 April 2007
With Easter almost upon us, I, like you, I’m sure, am desperately trying to clear my desk before a long weekend of precisely nothing. I've just enough time, though, to let you all know that we’ll be closed for business tomorrow (6 April) until we return, pumped and raring to go, on Tuesday (10 April).
In the spirit of rebirth associated with this time of year, we’re also ringing the changes here at just-drinks. Today marks the last day at the just-drinks coalface for our erstwhile news editor, Dean Best.
Dean is heading across and up, filling the shoes and pork-pie hat of the editorship at just-food.com. His tenure as my underling has coincided – purely by chance, of course – with a startling increase in our presence within the global drinks industry.
I want to thank Dean for his valuable contribution to our output over the last 18 months, and I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing him as much success again in his new post.
Meanwhile, we’ll have one week of palate-clearing here at just-drinks (just to get rid of the smell), before unveiling our new, shiny news editor on Monday 16 April.
Best of luck to Dean, and a very Happy Easter to you all.
Now, where did I put that sun-block.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020