Blog: The Dean is dead - long live the Dean
Olly Wehring | 5 April 2007
With Easter almost upon us, I, like you, I’m sure, am desperately trying to clear my desk before a long weekend of precisely nothing. I've just enough time, though, to let you all know that we’ll be closed for business tomorrow (6 April) until we return, pumped and raring to go, on Tuesday (10 April).
In the spirit of rebirth associated with this time of year, we’re also ringing the changes here at just-drinks. Today marks the last day at the just-drinks coalface for our erstwhile news editor, Dean Best.
Dean is heading across and up, filling the shoes and pork-pie hat of the editorship at just-food.com. His tenure as my underling has coincided – purely by chance, of course – with a startling increase in our presence within the global drinks industry.
I want to thank Dean for his valuable contribution to our output over the last 18 months, and I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing him as much success again in his new post.
Meanwhile, we’ll have one week of palate-clearing here at just-drinks (just to get rid of the smell), before unveiling our new, shiny news editor on Monday 16 April.
Best of luck to Dean, and a very Happy Easter to you all.
Now, where did I put that sun-block.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts