Blog: The Dean is dead - long live the Dean
Olly Wehring | 5 April 2007
With Easter almost upon us, I, like you, I’m sure, am desperately trying to clear my desk before a long weekend of precisely nothing. I've just enough time, though, to let you all know that we’ll be closed for business tomorrow (6 April) until we return, pumped and raring to go, on Tuesday (10 April).
In the spirit of rebirth associated with this time of year, we’re also ringing the changes here at just-drinks. Today marks the last day at the just-drinks coalface for our erstwhile news editor, Dean Best.
Dean is heading across and up, filling the shoes and pork-pie hat of the editorship at just-food.com. His tenure as my underling has coincided – purely by chance, of course – with a startling increase in our presence within the global drinks industry.
I want to thank Dean for his valuable contribution to our output over the last 18 months, and I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing him as much success again in his new post.
Meanwhile, we’ll have one week of palate-clearing here at just-drinks (just to get rid of the smell), before unveiling our new, shiny news editor on Monday 16 April.
Best of luck to Dean, and a very Happy Easter to you all.
Now, where did I put that sun-block.
It's a bank holiday here in the UK on Monday (25 August). just-drinks' team will be taking a well-earned lie down. ...
Poland is hardly noted for its cider consumption, but all this could be about to change. ...
Here's a brave move by the folk from Camerata at Paulie's in Houston: a wine-related parody of Summer Nights from Grease....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down