Blog: The Dean is dead - long live the Dean
Olly Wehring | 5 April 2007
With Easter almost upon us, I, like you, I’m sure, am desperately trying to clear my desk before a long weekend of precisely nothing. I've just enough time, though, to let you all know that we’ll be closed for business tomorrow (6 April) until we return, pumped and raring to go, on Tuesday (10 April).
In the spirit of rebirth associated with this time of year, we’re also ringing the changes here at just-drinks. Today marks the last day at the just-drinks coalface for our erstwhile news editor, Dean Best.
Dean is heading across and up, filling the shoes and pork-pie hat of the editorship at just-food.com. His tenure as my underling has coincided – purely by chance, of course – with a startling increase in our presence within the global drinks industry.
I want to thank Dean for his valuable contribution to our output over the last 18 months, and I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing him as much success again in his new post.
Meanwhile, we’ll have one week of palate-clearing here at just-drinks (just to get rid of the smell), before unveiling our new, shiny news editor on Monday 16 April.
Best of luck to Dean, and a very Happy Easter to you all.
Now, where did I put that sun-block.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages