Blog: The Dean is dead - long live the Dean
Olly Wehring | 5 April 2007
With Easter almost upon us, I, like you, I’m sure, am desperately trying to clear my desk before a long weekend of precisely nothing. I've just enough time, though, to let you all know that we’ll be closed for business tomorrow (6 April) until we return, pumped and raring to go, on Tuesday (10 April).
In the spirit of rebirth associated with this time of year, we’re also ringing the changes here at just-drinks. Today marks the last day at the just-drinks coalface for our erstwhile news editor, Dean Best.
Dean is heading across and up, filling the shoes and pork-pie hat of the editorship at just-food.com. His tenure as my underling has coincided – purely by chance, of course – with a startling increase in our presence within the global drinks industry.
I want to thank Dean for his valuable contribution to our output over the last 18 months, and I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing him as much success again in his new post.
Meanwhile, we’ll have one week of palate-clearing here at just-drinks (just to get rid of the smell), before unveiling our new, shiny news editor on Monday 16 April.
Best of luck to Dean, and a very Happy Easter to you all.
Now, where did I put that sun-block.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer