Blog: The Coca-Cola Co's Happiness Machine
Chris Mercer | 7 September 2010
Humankind's search for the path to true happiness has occupied many a philosophical mind down the centuries, but it seems that The Coca-Cola Co has had the answer all along.
The company's 'Happiness Machine' came to London last month after the soft drinks giant installed it in one of the capital's universities.
Can you believe it? Firstly, Coca-Cola has the key to happiness. Secondly, it chooses to share this highly prized information with a bunch of free-loading students.
In any case, it turns out that happiness comes in the form of popcorn, strawberries and, of course, the odd extra can of Coca-Cola.
A man hiding inside a specially constructed Coca-Cola vending machine handed out goodies to passing students all day long, while surreptitiously filming their reactions - which, it must be said, were as much bemusement as outright happiness.
You can view the footage below.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research