Blog: The Coca-Cola Co's Happiness Machine
Chris Mercer | 7 September 2010
Humankind's search for the path to true happiness has occupied many a philosophical mind down the centuries, but it seems that The Coca-Cola Co has had the answer all along.
The company's 'Happiness Machine' came to London last month after the soft drinks giant installed it in one of the capital's universities.
Can you believe it? Firstly, Coca-Cola has the key to happiness. Secondly, it chooses to share this highly prized information with a bunch of free-loading students.
In any case, it turns out that happiness comes in the form of popcorn, strawberries and, of course, the odd extra can of Coca-Cola.
A man hiding inside a specially constructed Coca-Cola vending machine handed out goodies to passing students all day long, while surreptitiously filming their reactions - which, it must be said, were as much bemusement as outright happiness.
You can view the footage below.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research