Blog: The Coca-Cola Co's Happiness Machine
Chris Mercer | 7 September 2010
Humankind's search for the path to true happiness has occupied many a philosophical mind down the centuries, but it seems that The Coca-Cola Co has had the answer all along.
The company's 'Happiness Machine' came to London last month after the soft drinks giant installed it in one of the capital's universities.
Can you believe it? Firstly, Coca-Cola has the key to happiness. Secondly, it chooses to share this highly prized information with a bunch of free-loading students.
In any case, it turns out that happiness comes in the form of popcorn, strawberries and, of course, the odd extra can of Coca-Cola.
A man hiding inside a specially constructed Coca-Cola vending machine handed out goodies to passing students all day long, while surreptitiously filming their reactions - which, it must be said, were as much bemusement as outright happiness.
You can view the footage below.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends