Blog: The Coca-Cola Co's Happiness Machine
Chris Mercer | 7 September 2010
Humankind's search for the path to true happiness has occupied many a philosophical mind down the centuries, but it seems that The Coca-Cola Co has had the answer all along.
The company's 'Happiness Machine' came to London last month after the soft drinks giant installed it in one of the capital's universities.
Can you believe it? Firstly, Coca-Cola has the key to happiness. Secondly, it chooses to share this highly prized information with a bunch of free-loading students.
In any case, it turns out that happiness comes in the form of popcorn, strawberries and, of course, the odd extra can of Coca-Cola.
A man hiding inside a specially constructed Coca-Cola vending machine handed out goodies to passing students all day long, while surreptitiously filming their reactions - which, it must be said, were as much bemusement as outright happiness.
You can view the footage below.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research