Blog: The Coca-Cola Co's Happiness Machine
Chris Mercer | 7 September 2010
Humankind's search for the path to true happiness has occupied many a philosophical mind down the centuries, but it seems that The Coca-Cola Co has had the answer all along.
The company's 'Happiness Machine' came to London last month after the soft drinks giant installed it in one of the capital's universities.
Can you believe it? Firstly, Coca-Cola has the key to happiness. Secondly, it chooses to share this highly prized information with a bunch of free-loading students.
In any case, it turns out that happiness comes in the form of popcorn, strawberries and, of course, the odd extra can of Coca-Cola.
A man hiding inside a specially constructed Coca-Cola vending machine handed out goodies to passing students all day long, while surreptitiously filming their reactions - which, it must be said, were as much bemusement as outright happiness.
You can view the footage below.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review