Blog: The Coca-Cola Co's downward trajectory
Andy Morton | 8 June 2016
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking.
Coca-Cola ranked 13th in the latest BrandZ list, released yesterday, after being judged to have lost 4% of its brand value. Google, meanwhile, regained top spot from Apple in the annual list after increasing brand value by 32%.
Coca-Cola's fall follows a tough few years for the company. Sales in its core CSD category have fallen and the company has turned to juices and even dairy in a bid to boost the top line.
Yesterday there was more bad news for the soda channel when Keurig Green Mountain announced it was discontinuing its Keurig Kold home carbonation machine. Coca-Cola had been an early investor in the technology, which was released in the US only nine months ago.
With foresight like that, then, can we expect Coca-Cola to slide even further down the Brandz list next year?
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) has launched a GBP4.5m (US$5.4m) advertising campaign for Coca-Cola Zero Sugar in the UK....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
The Coca-Cola Co has added two new juice variants to its Simply portfolio in the US....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits