Blog: The Coca-Cola Co on the march?
Michelle Russell | 1 November 2010
There is market chatter that The Coca-Cola Co might be tempted to acquire Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated.
Brian Polino, a senior finance major at the University of Florida, makes a pretty convincing case for Coca-Cola to acquire Coca-Cola Bottling Co in the US.
A deal would certainly seem to fit Coca-Cola's stated aim of integrating its business in North America more closely, and, of course, it follows the firm's buyout of Coca-Cola Enterprises in the region.
However, some analysts have said that Coca-Cola might not be interested in directly owning bottling operations over the longer term.
"Coca-Cola's new plan is an intermediate step," said analyst group Stifel Nicolaus following the firm's deal for CCE. "Next-step options include Coke FEMSA, Coke's largest bottler in Mexico, in our opinion," Stifel said at the time.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range