Blog: The Coca-Cola Co on the march?
Michelle Russell | 1 November 2010
There is market chatter that The Coca-Cola Co might be tempted to acquire Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated.
Brian Polino, a senior finance major at the University of Florida, makes a pretty convincing case for Coca-Cola to acquire Coca-Cola Bottling Co in the US.
A deal would certainly seem to fit Coca-Cola's stated aim of integrating its business in North America more closely, and, of course, it follows the firm's buyout of Coca-Cola Enterprises in the region.
However, some analysts have said that Coca-Cola might not be interested in directly owning bottling operations over the longer term.
"Coca-Cola's new plan is an intermediate step," said analyst group Stifel Nicolaus following the firm's deal for CCE. "Next-step options include Coke FEMSA, Coke's largest bottler in Mexico, in our opinion," Stifel said at the time.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review