Blog: The Coca-Cola Co on the march?
Michelle Russell | 1 November 2010
There is market chatter that The Coca-Cola Co might be tempted to acquire Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated.
Brian Polino, a senior finance major at the University of Florida, makes a pretty convincing case for Coca-Cola to acquire Coca-Cola Bottling Co in the US.
A deal would certainly seem to fit Coca-Cola's stated aim of integrating its business in North America more closely, and, of course, it follows the firm's buyout of Coca-Cola Enterprises in the region.
However, some analysts have said that Coca-Cola might not be interested in directly owning bottling operations over the longer term.
"Coca-Cola's new plan is an intermediate step," said analyst group Stifel Nicolaus following the firm's deal for CCE. "Next-step options include Coke FEMSA, Coke's largest bottler in Mexico, in our opinion," Stifel said at the time.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts