Blog: The Coca-Cola Co on the march?
Michelle Russell | 1 November 2010
There is market chatter that The Coca-Cola Co might be tempted to acquire Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated.
Brian Polino, a senior finance major at the University of Florida, makes a pretty convincing case for Coca-Cola to acquire Coca-Cola Bottling Co in the US.
A deal would certainly seem to fit Coca-Cola's stated aim of integrating its business in North America more closely, and, of course, it follows the firm's buyout of Coca-Cola Enterprises in the region.
However, some analysts have said that Coca-Cola might not be interested in directly owning bottling operations over the longer term.
"Coca-Cola's new plan is an intermediate step," said analyst group Stifel Nicolaus following the firm's deal for CCE. "Next-step options include Coke FEMSA, Coke's largest bottler in Mexico, in our opinion," Stifel said at the time.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends