Blog: The British - Not 24-hour party people after all?
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 March 2005
The media hysteria surrounding the pending licensing changes in the UK may have been headed off at the pass.
A report on the BBC’s website today (18 March) said that only a handful of pubs in England and Wales have so far applied to extend their opening hours ahead of the new laws in November.
Not one bar in the UK has applied for 24-hour opening.
With only six pubs in London’s City of Westminster applying for licence extensions, and none at all in Liverpool and Manchester, the moral guardians amongst the UK press must be delighted.
Unless, of course, pubs and bars weren’t particularly keen on opening all day every day in the first place. Perish the thought…
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends