Blog: The Big Snapple
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 September 2003
No doubt there'll be enormous benefits to the City and its schools as the money fills holes in the budget deficit. However, something about all this sits uneasy with me. This is no anti-capitalist rant - sponsorship has an important part to play in brand building - but how far should we let the corporate world seep into our every day lives?
This is not just the sponsorship of a football match but of a city - a community of people and in particular its children.
Surely this deal is only the start. If there can be an official drink, there can be an official clothing line or car, food producer or perfume. And no doubt other cities too will be keen to learn quickly from the Big Snapple experience and get in on the action o.
There was a craze in the UK a year ago where students were selling the space on their foreheads to advertisers. I hope the Snapple deal is not the thin end of the wedge.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Newcastle Brown Ale to lose caramel colouring
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages