Blog: The Big Snapple
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 September 2003
No doubt there'll be enormous benefits to the City and its schools as the money fills holes in the budget deficit. However, something about all this sits uneasy with me. This is no anti-capitalist rant - sponsorship has an important part to play in brand building - but how far should we let the corporate world seep into our every day lives?
This is not just the sponsorship of a football match but of a city - a community of people and in particular its children.
Surely this deal is only the start. If there can be an official drink, there can be an official clothing line or car, food producer or perfume. And no doubt other cities too will be keen to learn quickly from the Big Snapple experience and get in on the action o.
There was a craze in the UK a year ago where students were selling the space on their foreheads to advertisers. I hope the Snapple deal is not the thin end of the wedge.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research