Blog: The Big Snapple
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 September 2003
No doubt there'll be enormous benefits to the City and its schools as the money fills holes in the budget deficit. However, something about all this sits uneasy with me. This is no anti-capitalist rant - sponsorship has an important part to play in brand building - but how far should we let the corporate world seep into our every day lives?
This is not just the sponsorship of a football match but of a city - a community of people and in particular its children.
Surely this deal is only the start. If there can be an official drink, there can be an official clothing line or car, food producer or perfume. And no doubt other cities too will be keen to learn quickly from the Big Snapple experience and get in on the action o.
There was a craze in the UK a year ago where students were selling the space on their foreheads to advertisers. I hope the Snapple deal is not the thin end of the wedge.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends