Blog: The big Coca-Cola secret
Chris Mercer | 26 February 2010
A secret recipe is not the only thing Coca-Cola Co has been hiding behind closed doors over the last few months.
No one is clear just how long Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Enterprises have been thrashing out yesterday's announced deal.
Whatever timescale you pick, it appears that the companies have successfully shrouded the whole thing in secrecy - even from some of their own middle management level employees.
A number of such employees, from the Western European side of CCE, first found out that something was going on at about midday UK time yesterday.
Their immediate reaction, we understand, was to question whether the email was "some kind of joke".
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020