Blog: The big Coca-Cola secret
Chris Mercer | 26 February 2010
A secret recipe is not the only thing Coca-Cola Co has been hiding behind closed doors over the last few months.
No one is clear just how long Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Enterprises have been thrashing out yesterday's announced deal.
Whatever timescale you pick, it appears that the companies have successfully shrouded the whole thing in secrecy - even from some of their own middle management level employees.
A number of such employees, from the Western European side of CCE, first found out that something was going on at about midday UK time yesterday.
Their immediate reaction, we understand, was to question whether the email was "some kind of joke".
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range