Blog: The big Coca-Cola secret
Chris Mercer | 26 February 2010
A secret recipe is not the only thing Coca-Cola Co has been hiding behind closed doors over the last few months.
No one is clear just how long Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Enterprises have been thrashing out yesterday's announced deal.
Whatever timescale you pick, it appears that the companies have successfully shrouded the whole thing in secrecy - even from some of their own middle management level employees.
A number of such employees, from the Western European side of CCE, first found out that something was going on at about midday UK time yesterday.
Their immediate reaction, we understand, was to question whether the email was "some kind of joke".
Paul Walsh just can't stay away from the drinks industry....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report