Blog: The big Coca-Cola secret
Chris Mercer | 26 February 2010
A secret recipe is not the only thing Coca-Cola Co has been hiding behind closed doors over the last few months.
No one is clear just how long Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Enterprises have been thrashing out yesterday's announced deal.
Whatever timescale you pick, it appears that the companies have successfully shrouded the whole thing in secrecy - even from some of their own middle management level employees.
A number of such employees, from the Western European side of CCE, first found out that something was going on at about midday UK time yesterday.
Their immediate reaction, we understand, was to question whether the email was "some kind of joke".
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research