Blog: The Battle of the Brands
Chris Brook-Carter | 10 February 2004
Bad news for those foreign consumer goods companies trying to sell in Shanghai, according to a recent note from our partners Access ASia. A survey by the Shanghai Municipal Commercial Information Center has found that 51.6% of the 500 most popular brands sold in Shanghai were made by Chinese firms. In a range of categories shoppers preferred local brands including DVDs, TV sets, air conditioners, gas cookers and rice cookers. 54% of Shanghai residents prefer local food products to imported brands. However, there was a silver lining. In some categories foreign made goods won out. So good news if you are in the mobile phone, digital camera, perfume, bag, watch or indeed soft drinks business.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research