Blog: The answer to our prayers - Christmas corporate gift packs
Andy Morton | 18 November 2014
A new survey, released today by online drinks retailer 31DOVER.com, reveals that, while 50% of UK workers would choose alcohol as a Christmas present from their employees, just 7% would opt for a charity donation sent on their behalf.
Although this speaks volumes for where priorities lie this festive season, it might also give alcohol companies an idea for a new money-spinner - the Christmas corporate gift pack.
The basic idea would be the same as for the hundreds of other alcohol gift packs that come out at this time of year, except instead of an added scented candle or a couple of bars of chocolate to justify the 20% mark-up, it would include a special present targeted specifically at us working drones.
Perhaps, say, an automatic expenses generator that spits out made-up receipts. An area manager voodoo doll for the venting of frustrations. Or, if we combine the current UK employment environment with the more traditional aspects of Christmas, a soft cushion to kneel on as we pray we'll still have a job next year.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
UK brewer Fuller's has become the latest company to roll out cider in cans. ...
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World