Blog: The answer to our prayers - Christmas corporate gift packs
Andy Morton | 18 November 2014
A new survey, released today by online drinks retailer 31DOVER.com, reveals that, while 50% of UK workers would choose alcohol as a Christmas present from their employees, just 7% would opt for a charity donation sent on their behalf.
Although this speaks volumes for where priorities lie this festive season, it might also give alcohol companies an idea for a new money-spinner - the Christmas corporate gift pack.
The basic idea would be the same as for the hundreds of other alcohol gift packs that come out at this time of year, except instead of an added scented candle or a couple of bars of chocolate to justify the 20% mark-up, it would include a special present targeted specifically at us working drones.
Perhaps, say, an automatic expenses generator that spits out made-up receipts. An area manager voodoo doll for the venting of frustrations. Or, if we combine the current UK employment environment with the more traditional aspects of Christmas, a soft cushion to kneel on as we pray we'll still have a job next year.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Global Beer Georgia has secured a near-US$20m loan to build a brewery in the country that will produce Heineken brands under licence....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends