Blog: The answer to our prayers - Christmas corporate gift packs
Andy Morton | 18 November 2014
A new survey, released today by online drinks retailer 31DOVER.com, reveals that, while 50% of UK workers would choose alcohol as a Christmas present from their employees, just 7% would opt for a charity donation sent on their behalf.
Although this speaks volumes for where priorities lie this festive season, it might also give alcohol companies an idea for a new money-spinner - the Christmas corporate gift pack.
The basic idea would be the same as for the hundreds of other alcohol gift packs that come out at this time of year, except instead of an added scented candle or a couple of bars of chocolate to justify the 20% mark-up, it would include a special present targeted specifically at us working drones.
Perhaps, say, an automatic expenses generator that spits out made-up receipts. An area manager voodoo doll for the venting of frustrations. Or, if we combine the current UK employment environment with the more traditional aspects of Christmas, a soft cushion to kneel on as we pray we'll still have a job next year.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends