Blog: TFWA World Exhibition - Day One
Olly Wehring | 19 October 2010
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes opened its doors yesterday morning (18 October) for the first day of the TFWA World Exhibition. The sun and the sea looked pretty inviting after leaving London in the dark, but it's in the halls of the Palais that the bulk of my time here will be spent.
The exhibition areas looked very lively for the first day, and it will be interesting to see if the pace keeps up during the busiest periods, today and tomorrow. The atmosphere was upbeat but, again, let's see if that was novelty or substance as the week goes on.
The evening kicked off with a tutored tasting of Diageo's Johnnie Walker Double Black by global brand ambassador, Jonathan Driver - one of the gentlemen of our industry. Afterwards, I was introduced to Jane Ewing, who has been managing director of Diageo's Global Travel and Middle East division for barely three months. Jane's promised me a few moments of her time later today, so drop me an email for any questions you may have for her.
Then, on to the Absolut party for the launch of Absolut Watkins. Cue, cocktails by the pool and synchronised swimmers.
Welcome to Cannes.
Frank Sinatra liked a drink. He was famous for it. ...
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup