Blog: TFWA World Exhibition - Day One
Olly Wehring | 19 October 2010
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes opened its doors yesterday morning (18 October) for the first day of the TFWA World Exhibition. The sun and the sea looked pretty inviting after leaving London in the dark, but it's in the halls of the Palais that the bulk of my time here will be spent.
The exhibition areas looked very lively for the first day, and it will be interesting to see if the pace keeps up during the busiest periods, today and tomorrow. The atmosphere was upbeat but, again, let's see if that was novelty or substance as the week goes on.
The evening kicked off with a tutored tasting of Diageo's Johnnie Walker Double Black by global brand ambassador, Jonathan Driver - one of the gentlemen of our industry. Afterwards, I was introduced to Jane Ewing, who has been managing director of Diageo's Global Travel and Middle East division for barely three months. Jane's promised me a few moments of her time later today, so drop me an email for any questions you may have for her.
Then, on to the Absolut party for the launch of Absolut Watkins. Cue, cocktails by the pool and synchronised swimmers.
Welcome to Cannes.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World