Blog: TFWA – I Cannes't believe it
Olly Wehring | 28 October 2008
Well, warnings that the TFWA World Exhibition in Cannes was “a bit Alice in Wonderland” appear bang on the money after last night's adventure.
Having been ferried out to St Marguerite Island by motorboat for 25 minutes, we were driven deeper into the heart of the island on dirt-track roads, the headlights picking out the woods either side. All very Blair Witch.
Then, after ten minutes, we were dispatched outside the entrance to Vijay Mallya's house – his villa – his private villa – his private villa on an island – the only private villa on the island – the only private villa on the island off the coast of Cannes.
Granted, the toilets on the recently purchased pad – rumoured to have cost Mallya EUR65m (US$81.5m) earlier this summer – smelt of fresh paint, but the location, its surroundings, its cocktails, its Champagne, its food, its pool, its entertainment – all of it really was rather... Alice in Wonderland.
I want to go again, this evening...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range