Blog: Tennent's - That's Franz Ferdin-handy
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 July 2004
How’s this for right place, right time?
A recent trip to Glasgow gave just-drinks the opportunity to get an exclusive peek at Tennent’s Lager’s new advert which got its first airing on Scottish TV last Friday.
As sponsor of the Scottish Cup football competition and T in the Park music festival, Tennent’s has shown how keen it is to appeal to the 25-year-olds in Scotland. To whit, the brewer’s latest advert features current Scottish musical hot property Franz Ferdinand. The group, currently doing the festival circuit around Europe and garnering more press coverage in the UK than almost any other musical act, had their first hit earlier this year, having come from what appeared to be nowhere.
The Scottish four-piece were recommended to Tennent’s before the group became “The Next Big Thing”. Now that Franz Ferdinand are considered the coolest sound around in music circles, Tennent’s has scored something of a coup in the musical kudos stakes.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly