Blog: Tennent's - That's Franz Ferdin-handy
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 July 2004
How’s this for right place, right time?
A recent trip to Glasgow gave just-drinks the opportunity to get an exclusive peek at Tennent’s Lager’s new advert which got its first airing on Scottish TV last Friday.
As sponsor of the Scottish Cup football competition and T in the Park music festival, Tennent’s has shown how keen it is to appeal to the 25-year-olds in Scotland. To whit, the brewer’s latest advert features current Scottish musical hot property Franz Ferdinand. The group, currently doing the festival circuit around Europe and garnering more press coverage in the UK than almost any other musical act, had their first hit earlier this year, having come from what appeared to be nowhere.
The Scottish four-piece were recommended to Tennent’s before the group became “The Next Big Thing”. Now that Franz Ferdinand are considered the coolest sound around in music circles, Tennent’s has scored something of a coup in the musical kudos stakes.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends