Blog: Tennent's - That's Franz Ferdin-handy
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 July 2004
How’s this for right place, right time?
A recent trip to Glasgow gave just-drinks the opportunity to get an exclusive peek at Tennent’s Lager’s new advert which got its first airing on Scottish TV last Friday.
As sponsor of the Scottish Cup football competition and T in the Park music festival, Tennent’s has shown how keen it is to appeal to the 25-year-olds in Scotland. To whit, the brewer’s latest advert features current Scottish musical hot property Franz Ferdinand. The group, currently doing the festival circuit around Europe and garnering more press coverage in the UK than almost any other musical act, had their first hit earlier this year, having come from what appeared to be nowhere.
The Scottish four-piece were recommended to Tennent’s before the group became “The Next Big Thing”. Now that Franz Ferdinand are considered the coolest sound around in music circles, Tennent’s has scored something of a coup in the musical kudos stakes.
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty. ...
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory