Blog: Tennent's - That's Franz Ferdin-handy
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 July 2004
How’s this for right place, right time?
A recent trip to Glasgow gave just-drinks the opportunity to get an exclusive peek at Tennent’s Lager’s new advert which got its first airing on Scottish TV last Friday.
As sponsor of the Scottish Cup football competition and T in the Park music festival, Tennent’s has shown how keen it is to appeal to the 25-year-olds in Scotland. To whit, the brewer’s latest advert features current Scottish musical hot property Franz Ferdinand. The group, currently doing the festival circuit around Europe and garnering more press coverage in the UK than almost any other musical act, had their first hit earlier this year, having come from what appeared to be nowhere.
The Scottish four-piece were recommended to Tennent’s before the group became “The Next Big Thing”. Now that Franz Ferdinand are considered the coolest sound around in music circles, Tennent’s has scored something of a coup in the musical kudos stakes.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring AG Barr, Bombay Sapphire, Wines of South Africa and Pabst Brewing Co....
It seems there's not much in the world that can make people smile these days. Luckily, we're part of an industry that has just been scientifically proven to do just that. ...
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- just The Preview - Constellation Brands' Q2 & H1
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours