Blog: Tennent's - That's Franz Ferdin-handy
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 July 2004
How’s this for right place, right time?
A recent trip to Glasgow gave just-drinks the opportunity to get an exclusive peek at Tennent’s Lager’s new advert which got its first airing on Scottish TV last Friday.
As sponsor of the Scottish Cup football competition and T in the Park music festival, Tennent’s has shown how keen it is to appeal to the 25-year-olds in Scotland. To whit, the brewer’s latest advert features current Scottish musical hot property Franz Ferdinand. The group, currently doing the festival circuit around Europe and garnering more press coverage in the UK than almost any other musical act, had their first hit earlier this year, having come from what appeared to be nowhere.
The Scottish four-piece were recommended to Tennent’s before the group became “The Next Big Thing”. Now that Franz Ferdinand are considered the coolest sound around in music circles, Tennent’s has scored something of a coup in the musical kudos stakes.
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director