Blog: Taint necessarily so
Chris Brook-Carter | 1 March 2004
A company is claiming to have found a solution for cork taint in wine. US-based Vinterus Technologies has invented the Wine Rescue filtration device, which removes Trichloroanisole (TCA), the compound produced when cork particles react with chemicals in wine from a bottle of wine, while preserving the taste and colour components that give wine its character.
Wine Rescue is a bottle-top pump with an internal filter unit that is inserted on the top of a wine bottle. The device contains a unique leak-proof seal, allowing the filtered wine to be dispersed into a decanter.
When Wine Rescue is placed on a wine bottle and the button is depressed, an internal pump injects air into the bottle, forcing wine up through a dip tube and through the filter disk. The filter disk contains an activated carbon disk, which attracts larger, organic molecules to its surface, including TCA.
The device will be available later this month to both wineries and consumers. For more information, visit: www.winerescue.com.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets