Blog: Taint necessarily so
Chris Brook-Carter | 1 March 2004
A company is claiming to have found a solution for cork taint in wine. US-based Vinterus Technologies has invented the Wine Rescue filtration device, which removes Trichloroanisole (TCA), the compound produced when cork particles react with chemicals in wine from a bottle of wine, while preserving the taste and colour components that give wine its character.
Wine Rescue is a bottle-top pump with an internal filter unit that is inserted on the top of a wine bottle. The device contains a unique leak-proof seal, allowing the filtered wine to be dispersed into a decanter.
When Wine Rescue is placed on a wine bottle and the button is depressed, an internal pump injects air into the bottle, forcing wine up through a dip tube and through the filter disk. The filter disk contains an activated carbon disk, which attracts larger, organic molecules to its surface, including TCA.
The device will be available later this month to both wineries and consumers. For more information, visit: www.winerescue.com.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer