Blog: Sweden says Iron Maiden's Trooper is super after all
James Wilmore | 29 May 2013
It was hardly a matter of life and death, but Iron Maiden have broken through the final frontier. Yes, Trooper ale has been allowed to land in Sweden.
After (probably) tense negotiations, and a few quick clicks of the zoom button, officials at Sweden's state-run liquor store monopoly, Systembolaget, have embraced their inner metaller by giving the go-ahead. Bottles of the 4.7% beer will be available in Sweden from the end of June.
Apparently, due to Swedish laws, drink labels in the Scandinavian country are banned from featuring "elements of war, weapons or aggression". So, instead, Trooper's label just features a close-up of the band's mascot Eddie, aka Eddie the Head.
Still quite an aggressive looking chap, if you ask me, but there you go.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages