Blog: Sustainability; the name of the game, and we want to play the game with you
Olly Wehring | 22 November 2011
As part of our monthly management briefing series next year, just-drinks will be publishing four reports in 2012 looking at the drive for greater environmental sustainability in the industry sectors we cover – beer, soft drinks & water, spirits and wine.
Each report will comprise four sections and will cover a range of key sustainability issues, such as greenhouse gas emissions, water efficiency, waste, recycling and packaging, and sustainability in raw material supply chains.
The first briefing in the series will look at the beer sector, and will be published in February 2012. We will then look at soft drinks and water in June, the spirits sector in September and the wine industry in November.
Our features editor, Ben Cooper, who specialises in sustainability and corporate responsibility issues, will be writing the reports. Each one will examine efforts both on an industry-wide and company level to foster greater sustainability in each of the sectors.
Here's where you come in. We need as much information as possible from drinks companies about their activities in the environmental sustainability field. To contact Ben with such info, and to arrange interviews, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For advertising enquiries relating to the briefings, please contact Ian Preece in our advertising department at email@example.com.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review