Blog: Sustainability; the name of the game, and we want to play the game with you
Olly Wehring | 22 November 2011
As part of our monthly management briefing series next year, just-drinks will be publishing four reports in 2012 looking at the drive for greater environmental sustainability in the industry sectors we cover – beer, soft drinks & water, spirits and wine.
Each report will comprise four sections and will cover a range of key sustainability issues, such as greenhouse gas emissions, water efficiency, waste, recycling and packaging, and sustainability in raw material supply chains.
The first briefing in the series will look at the beer sector, and will be published in February 2012. We will then look at soft drinks and water in June, the spirits sector in September and the wine industry in November.
Our features editor, Ben Cooper, who specialises in sustainability and corporate responsibility issues, will be writing the reports. Each one will examine efforts both on an industry-wide and company level to foster greater sustainability in each of the sectors.
Here's where you come in. We need as much information as possible from drinks companies about their activities in the environmental sustainability field. To contact Ben with such info, and to arrange interviews, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For advertising enquiries relating to the briefings, please contact Ian Preece in our advertising department at email@example.com.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends