Blog: Suck & Blow - the worst idea for an alcoholic drink of all time?
Chris Mercer | 19 January 2012
The UK's Portman Group has clattered US-based SAB Enterprises over its Suck & Blow alcoholic jelly tubes.
I mean, really, what were they thinking? Portman basically said today (19 January) that Suck & Blow breaks nearly every rule in its book. It criticised the product for potentially attracting children with its "childish font", linking alcohol to sex (I'm not sure I understand that one...), and for encouraging "rapid drinking".
According to Portman, the product is a tube that opens at both ends and is designed for one person to blow half the contents into another person’s mouth and vice versa.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research