Blog: Suck & Blow - the worst idea for an alcoholic drink of all time?
Chris Mercer | 19 January 2012
The UK's Portman Group has clattered US-based SAB Enterprises over its Suck & Blow alcoholic jelly tubes.
I mean, really, what were they thinking? Portman basically said today (19 January) that Suck & Blow breaks nearly every rule in its book. It criticised the product for potentially attracting children with its "childish font", linking alcohol to sex (I'm not sure I understand that one...), and for encouraging "rapid drinking".
According to Portman, the product is a tube that opens at both ends and is designed for one person to blow half the contents into another person’s mouth and vice versa.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review