Blog: Stung by the 'popular' press - Who'd have thunk it?
Olly Wehring | 29 January 2009
As some of you may have read, in the blog posting below, I have graced the UK's television screens today. ITN News interviewed me for an "educated" opinion on the UK's chief medical officer's recommendation that children under the age of 15 should not be given alcohol at all.
My ten seconds of fame, however, have been tarnished somewhat, by a caption describing me as an "Alcohol Industry Spokesman".
In this (wholly incorrect) capacity, I tell viewers that I believe introducing teenagers to alcohol in a controlled environment supervised by their parents and not to excess, whilst teaching them to respect drink, cannot be anything but a good thing.
Not the most radical opinion, I'm sure you'll agree.
But, as an 'Alcohol Industry Spokesman', this gives out totally the wrong message.
Please be assured, that I have contacted ITN and asked them to clarify the capacity in which my comments were given.
I'll keep you posted.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range