Blog: Sticky Wicket
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 August 2003
It just seems amazing to me that at a time when the drinks industry is under such intense scrutiny for the affects of its advertising on alcohol misuse - particularly by minors - that spirits adverts are screening during the middle of the day and perhaps even worse during a sports event.
If the alcohol industry is to convince its doubters that it is more than capable of regulating its own advertising standards it needs to demonstrate a far greater degree of restraint than it currently is.
Just-drinks has argued previously that it believes companies like Bacardi and Diageo need to re-evaluate the content of their RTD advertising. While there is nothing wrong with the content of The Famous Grouse's marketing some common sense about the timing is needed before the government makes a decision on regulating alcohol advertising standards.
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets