Blog: Sticky Wicket
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 August 2003
It just seems amazing to me that at a time when the drinks industry is under such intense scrutiny for the affects of its advertising on alcohol misuse - particularly by minors - that spirits adverts are screening during the middle of the day and perhaps even worse during a sports event.
If the alcohol industry is to convince its doubters that it is more than capable of regulating its own advertising standards it needs to demonstrate a far greater degree of restraint than it currently is.
Just-drinks has argued previously that it believes companies like Bacardi and Diageo need to re-evaluate the content of their RTD advertising. While there is nothing wrong with the content of The Famous Grouse's marketing some common sense about the timing is needed before the government makes a decision on regulating alcohol advertising standards.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research