Blog: StarBev: CVC under pressure to find funds?
Chris Mercer | 28 February 2012
Is CVC Capital testing the waters for a StarBev exit because it needs the funds to service debt elsewhere?
It remains extremely unclear whether anything will come of the initial interest shown in StarBev.
However, could CVC be a forced seller? I point you towards a Reuters article out of Australia, which discusses CVC's debt issues regarding its Nine Entertainment business there.
This makes interesting reading and raises the possibility that CVC might be seeking to extract cash from elsewhere in its business. Something to watch, perhaps.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"