Blog: StarBev: CVC under pressure to find funds?
Chris Mercer | 28 February 2012
Is CVC Capital testing the waters for a StarBev exit because it needs the funds to service debt elsewhere?
It remains extremely unclear whether anything will come of the initial interest shown in StarBev.
However, could CVC be a forced seller? I point you towards a Reuters article out of Australia, which discusses CVC's debt issues regarding its Nine Entertainment business there.
This makes interesting reading and raises the possibility that CVC might be seeking to extract cash from elsewhere in its business. Something to watch, perhaps.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire