Blog: StarBev: CVC under pressure to find funds?
Chris Mercer | 28 February 2012
Is CVC Capital testing the waters for a StarBev exit because it needs the funds to service debt elsewhere?
It remains extremely unclear whether anything will come of the initial interest shown in StarBev.
However, could CVC be a forced seller? I point you towards a Reuters article out of Australia, which discusses CVC's debt issues regarding its Nine Entertainment business there.
This makes interesting reading and raises the possibility that CVC might be seeking to extract cash from elsewhere in its business. Something to watch, perhaps.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research