Blog: Star "creatives" get their feet under the boardroom table
Andy Morton | 8 February 2013
Anheuser-Busch Inbev announced today that Justin Timberlake is joining its Bud Light Platinum team to help the brand with “creative insights”.
We at just-drinks don't know whether the former boy-band star turned serious actor/musician is tasked with bringing the sexy back to Bud Light (that's the obligatory Timberlake song reference out of the way, in case you didn't notice), but it does highlight a corporate shift in the way famous faces are being used to market wares. No longer is it enough to appear on the product and in the TV ad, today's stars require a corner office and a key to the executive bathroom.
Yesterday, celebrity designer Marc Jacobs signed up with Diet Coke and for some time now Mark “Marky Mark” Wahlberg has been plugging away on behalf of Aqua Hydrate water (he's even part-owner).
The idea is they can bring their unique knowledge of the cultural landscape to the table, presumably blasting a down-with-the-kids shock of fresh ideas through the dusty corridors of corporate HQ.
Oh, and they also appear in the TV ad.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends