Blog: Star "creatives" get their feet under the boardroom table
Andy Morton | 8 February 2013
Anheuser-Busch Inbev announced today that Justin Timberlake is joining its Bud Light Platinum team to help the brand with “creative insights”.
We at just-drinks don't know whether the former boy-band star turned serious actor/musician is tasked with bringing the sexy back to Bud Light (that's the obligatory Timberlake song reference out of the way, in case you didn't notice), but it does highlight a corporate shift in the way famous faces are being used to market wares. No longer is it enough to appear on the product and in the TV ad, today's stars require a corner office and a key to the executive bathroom.
Yesterday, celebrity designer Marc Jacobs signed up with Diet Coke and for some time now Mark “Marky Mark” Wahlberg has been plugging away on behalf of Aqua Hydrate water (he's even part-owner).
The idea is they can bring their unique knowledge of the cultural landscape to the table, presumably blasting a down-with-the-kids shock of fresh ideas through the dusty corridors of corporate HQ.
Oh, and they also appear in the TV ad.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research