Blog: Southern Wine & Spirits interview
Olly Wehring | 13 August 2008
No doubt those of you with any involvement in the US drinks market will have read today's news that leading distributors Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Glazer's Distributors, are to merge.
So what will this new, mega-distributor mean? I hear you ask. Well, never fear readers, because just-drinks spoke to Southern Wine president Wayne Chaplin this afternoon.
We'll be publishing his thoughts tomorrow (14 August), as part of our 'just the answer' interview series, just as soon as our team of highly trained chimpanzees have transcribed what Mr Chaplin had to say.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends