Blog: Southern Wine & Spirits interview
Olly Wehring | 13 August 2008
No doubt those of you with any involvement in the US drinks market will have read today's news that leading distributors Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Glazer's Distributors, are to merge.
So what will this new, mega-distributor mean? I hear you ask. Well, never fear readers, because just-drinks spoke to Southern Wine president Wayne Chaplin this afternoon.
We'll be publishing his thoughts tomorrow (14 August), as part of our 'just the answer' interview series, just as soon as our team of highly trained chimpanzees have transcribed what Mr Chaplin had to say.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row