Blog: Southern Wine & Spirits interview
Olly Wehring | 13 August 2008
No doubt those of you with any involvement in the US drinks market will have read today's news that leading distributors Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Glazer's Distributors, are to merge.
So what will this new, mega-distributor mean? I hear you ask. Well, never fear readers, because just-drinks spoke to Southern Wine president Wayne Chaplin this afternoon.
We'll be publishing his thoughts tomorrow (14 August), as part of our 'just the answer' interview series, just as soon as our team of highly trained chimpanzees have transcribed what Mr Chaplin had to say.
Paul Walsh just can't stay away from the drinks industry....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report