Blog: Southern Wine & Spirits interview
Olly Wehring | 13 August 2008
No doubt those of you with any involvement in the US drinks market will have read today's news that leading distributors Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Glazer's Distributors, are to merge.
So what will this new, mega-distributor mean? I hear you ask. Well, never fear readers, because just-drinks spoke to Southern Wine president Wayne Chaplin this afternoon.
We'll be publishing his thoughts tomorrow (14 August), as part of our 'just the answer' interview series, just as soon as our team of highly trained chimpanzees have transcribed what Mr Chaplin had to say.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends