Blog: S&N – It’s not what you do, it’s what you don’t do?
Olly Wehring | 24 January 2008
Well, it seems we have another 24 hours to wait before learning of Scottish & Newcastle’s fate. And, it appears, S&N’s CEO can spend the next day mulling how he’s going to spend his prospective windfall.
A report in The Times here in the UK earlier this week has claimed that John Dunsmore is in line to receive in the region of GBP3m (US$5.9m), should Carlsberg and Heineken succeed in acquiring the UK brewer.
Depending on how this saga pans out, Dunsmore could be hailed as a hardball player of the highest degree. He didn’t blink at the three previous offers from the European brewers, refusing even to meet and discuss the matter with them.
Sure GBP3m is quite a lot of money for doing very little, in this instance. But perhaps the old adage that ‘less is more’ could finally be proved conclusive.
Tomorrow will tell.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends