Blog: S&N – It’s not what you do, it’s what you don’t do?
Olly Wehring | 24 January 2008
Well, it seems we have another 24 hours to wait before learning of Scottish & Newcastle’s fate. And, it appears, S&N’s CEO can spend the next day mulling how he’s going to spend his prospective windfall.
A report in The Times here in the UK earlier this week has claimed that John Dunsmore is in line to receive in the region of GBP3m (US$5.9m), should Carlsberg and Heineken succeed in acquiring the UK brewer.
Depending on how this saga pans out, Dunsmore could be hailed as a hardball player of the highest degree. He didn’t blink at the three previous offers from the European brewers, refusing even to meet and discuss the matter with them.
Sure GBP3m is quite a lot of money for doing very little, in this instance. But perhaps the old adage that ‘less is more’ could finally be proved conclusive.
Tomorrow will tell.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts