Blog: S&N – It’s not what you do, it’s what you don’t do?
Olly Wehring | 24 January 2008
Well, it seems we have another 24 hours to wait before learning of Scottish & Newcastle’s fate. And, it appears, S&N’s CEO can spend the next day mulling how he’s going to spend his prospective windfall.
A report in The Times here in the UK earlier this week has claimed that John Dunsmore is in line to receive in the region of GBP3m (US$5.9m), should Carlsberg and Heineken succeed in acquiring the UK brewer.
Depending on how this saga pans out, Dunsmore could be hailed as a hardball player of the highest degree. He didn’t blink at the three previous offers from the European brewers, refusing even to meet and discuss the matter with them.
Sure GBP3m is quite a lot of money for doing very little, in this instance. But perhaps the old adage that ‘less is more’ could finally be proved conclusive.
Tomorrow will tell.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch