Blog: S&N – It’s not what you do, it’s what you don’t do?
Olly Wehring | 24 January 2008
Well, it seems we have another 24 hours to wait before learning of Scottish & Newcastle’s fate. And, it appears, S&N’s CEO can spend the next day mulling how he’s going to spend his prospective windfall.
A report in The Times here in the UK earlier this week has claimed that John Dunsmore is in line to receive in the region of GBP3m (US$5.9m), should Carlsberg and Heineken succeed in acquiring the UK brewer.
Depending on how this saga pans out, Dunsmore could be hailed as a hardball player of the highest degree. He didn’t blink at the three previous offers from the European brewers, refusing even to meet and discuss the matter with them.
Sure GBP3m is quite a lot of money for doing very little, in this instance. But perhaps the old adage that ‘less is more’ could finally be proved conclusive.
Tomorrow will tell.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research