Blog: S&N and SAB - Will they? Won't they?
Olly Wehring | 12 April 2007
The Scottish & Newcastle/SABMiller talk has been going on all week over here. Will SABMiller make a move for its smaller rival? Is S&N going to become the next notch on SAB’s bedpost?
Enough think the answer is ‘yes’, for S&N’s share price to start shouting at you from the page.
Some cynical journos – and no, that doesn’t include us, honest – think, however, that the rumours might be the work of those making hay while the share price shines.
One thing to bear in mind, whichever side of the fence you lie on this. The UK Takeover Panel, who keeps an eye on notable share price movements, can oblige a company to state their intentions if it believes there might be something to the rumours.
That panel, however, has been markedly silent.
So don’t go getting too excited, you S&N shareholders.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets