Blog: S&N and SAB - Will they? Won't they?
Olly Wehring | 12 April 2007
The Scottish & Newcastle/SABMiller talk has been going on all week over here. Will SABMiller make a move for its smaller rival? Is S&N going to become the next notch on SAB’s bedpost?
Enough think the answer is ‘yes’, for S&N’s share price to start shouting at you from the page.
Some cynical journos – and no, that doesn’t include us, honest – think, however, that the rumours might be the work of those making hay while the share price shines.
One thing to bear in mind, whichever side of the fence you lie on this. The UK Takeover Panel, who keeps an eye on notable share price movements, can oblige a company to state their intentions if it believes there might be something to the rumours.
That panel, however, has been markedly silent.
So don’t go getting too excited, you S&N shareholders.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages