Blog: S&N and SAB - Will they? Won't they?
Olly Wehring | 12 April 2007
The Scottish & Newcastle/SABMiller talk has been going on all week over here. Will SABMiller make a move for its smaller rival? Is S&N going to become the next notch on SAB’s bedpost?
Enough think the answer is ‘yes’, for S&N’s share price to start shouting at you from the page.
Some cynical journos – and no, that doesn’t include us, honest – think, however, that the rumours might be the work of those making hay while the share price shines.
One thing to bear in mind, whichever side of the fence you lie on this. The UK Takeover Panel, who keeps an eye on notable share price movements, can oblige a company to state their intentions if it believes there might be something to the rumours.
That panel, however, has been markedly silent.
So don’t go getting too excited, you S&N shareholders.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk