Blog: Situation Vacant - Must love whisk(e)y
Olly Wehring | 8 December 2016
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I think I may have found just the job for you.
World Whisky Day is on the hunt for an ambassador ahead of next year's day, on Saturday 20 May. The role, which is suitable for anyone who "may already have some experience of working in the whisky industry or simply be a keen whisky enthusiast", is paid (paid!) and carries a day-rate of GBP150 (US$190).
There's a geographical essential, mind: You'd need to be based in or around Edinburgh.
Interested? Then, get your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 19 December, and include a one-minute video showing off your whisk(e)y wizardry.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
The head of marketing for dark spirits at Pernod Ricard's UK unit has called for more innovation around entry-level Cognac. ...
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Pernod Ricard yesterday announced a 4% rise in organic sales in the nine months to the end of March. Here's a rundown of the top-line figures by region:...
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World